Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cannot get x6800 above 3.3ghz!

• 26-07-2007 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

Can anyone please help me?. I cannot overclock my x6800 core duo above 3.3ghz. Im running it on an Asus P5WDH Deluxe motherboard with Corsair Dominator PC 6400. Bios is updated to 1707 btw. Cooler is a Scythe Ninja Plus Revision B. I have the multiplier on 11. FSB @ 305mhz. When i go above this, my PC doesnt boot, even when i drop the multiplier and raise FSB i cant get above this speed. Kind of disappointing since ive seen lower chips getting much higher clocks. Also i thought the multiplier is unlocked on this chip? I cant get it above 11?? Help would be appreciated. Overclock would be for benchmarks only:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Cassiel

You need to find out a bit more about the mainboard. You paids your money for an unlocked multi, you ought to be allowed use it!
    I have found that my overclocks are more succesful by increasing the multi than increasing the FSB, less variables I guess. What is you CPU voltage set at in the BIOS? I think mine is around 1.41v and that is a stable 3.5Ghz. That is limited by the CPU cooler. I have at various attempts had 3.6 3.73, even a 1M Super Pi at 4Ghz using 1.55V though

Can anyone please help me?. I cannot overclock my x6800 core duo above 3.3ghz. Im running it on an Asus P5WDH Deluxe motherboard with Corsair Dominator PC 6400. Bios is updated to 1707 btw. Cooler is a Scythe Ninja Plus Revision B. I have the multiplier on 11. FSB @ 305mhz. When i go above this, my PC doesnt boot, even when i drop the multiplier and raise FSB i cant get above this speed. Kind of disappointing since ive seen lower chips getting much higher clocks. Also i thought the multiplier is unlocked on this chip? I cant get it above 11?? Help would be appreciated. Overclock would be for benchmarks only:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yea my E6600 wont go passed 3.2Ghz at all, I think if I upped the voltage it might but its not worth risking? Whats an acceptable voltage to have it set?

Mine was a 1.35 I think but it was unstable @ 3.3Ghz

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

what you need to do is find the stepping code of the cpu, which is on the box it came in. Then do a search online and see what others get. As good steppings will go to 3.6 - 3.8 on air. average ones will hit 3.2, and bad ones will dont go past 3ghz.

Advertisement