Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GSM Antenna Central Frequency

• 26-07-2007 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

We are in the process of purchasing 5 db gain external antenna to improve reception on our GSM/GPRS motorola modems. We use them for data transfer and data reception country wide.

Does anyone know the central frequency used in Ireland. We know it in the 900 to 950 mhz band. Our antenna provider ( Procom ) need to know the central frequency so as to cut antenna to best gain.

Have tried O2 and Vodafone tech support but no sucess:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Sounds like he wants to tune the antenna to a specific service provider frequencies on the TX side.

Below are the RX / TX bands I am aware of, but I don't know what the service provider allocations are within these.

The service providers should know but you would have to contact the "radio planners" for specific information, the general technical area is too broad for this specific query.

My supplier says he could solve your problem

Contact paul Murphy RF Solutions apm@eircom.net

Public Cellular Mobile Radio: GSM (Digital) (892-915/937-960 MHz)
    Public Cellular Mobile Radio: GSM (Digital) (900 - 915/945 - 960 MHz

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭louis346789

Thanks Johnnie. I will contact him.

Advertisement