Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pro eve 6-xbox 360 dissapointing?

Options
  • 26-07-2007 8:15pm

I got an xbox 360 at the weekend and was looking forward to getting 1 game-pro eve. but i have 2 say im dissapointed and would even go as far to say i prefear the ps2 version. anyone else feel the same?? the way you cant edit and put players to there right teams is very annoying!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

It's brutal, the PC version is still the best.

i even went a bit mad and rented out fifa but that didnt help-complete dirt!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭BENJAMIN61

Pro Eve On The 360 Is Better Than Fifa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Theyre both terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Pes6 on 360 = Biggest disappointment ever.

• Advertisement

sean you dont know what your talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Pro Evo 6 was still a very good game, but as for Fifa...... PURE MUCKAGE!

pro eve is better than fifa case closed

BENJAMIN61 wrote:
    pro eve is better than fifa case closed

Seconded.

Nailz wrote:
    Pro Evo 6 was still a very good game, but as for Fifa...... PURE MUCKAGE!
    Why even bring that up? It has nothing to do with the thread.

• Advertisement

it has everything to do with this thread

cactus mac, the guy that created this thread brought it up on the 3rd post not me. And since he created this, it must have something to do with the thread then. You should have noticed that (no offence).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Having played Pro and the Xbox and PS2 I can say I agree with the OP i think it is much better on PS2

• Registered Users Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭event

yeah the ps2 is better, but i got used to it very quickly

its grand now

The current Pro Evo is better on the PS2, but when PES 2008 comes out I think it'll be the same on both the 360 and PS3. Because Konami know what to improve now for the XBox version.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

ive heard a horrible rumour that the 360 version was the template for 2008 and that they are ditching the PS2 type of PES 6 :( that would be so god damned annoying. i dont think id even bother with it and stick to pes 6 if thats the case. the 360 version is muck, a completely different game

Do you have a Linky Link to this this rumour??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Jazzy wrote:
    ive heard a horrible rumour that the 360 version was the template for 2008 and that they are ditching the PS2 type of PES 6 :( that would be so god damned annoying. i dont think id even bother with it and stick to pes 6 if thats the case. the 360 version is muck, a completely different game

It is only that, a rumour.

Konami aren't stupid, they know that the ps2 engine was the best.

Same as the PC engine pretty much.

Thats the one they will be updating in 2008 versions for PS3 Xbox360 PS2 and PC.

The reason the x360 PES6 is so bad is that it was rushed and its basically a really bad port.

That's an old rumour aswell. From what I've heard the PS3 version (dunno bout the 360) is being built from the ground up. Maybe the graphics engine from the 360 version is being kept, but they're redoing the whole game engine apparently.
    Either way we'll see come Leipzig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭redbhoy1888

Thing about the 360 one is its not terrible it doesnt feel right especially if you have come from the PS2 version.I really dont think the Xbox pad is up to the job or is it that the PS2 pad was nearly moulded to my hand ha ha.Lot of work required for the next one I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 gmailer

cant believe what im reading here, pes for the 360 is a class act, it is much harder than fifa to score and scoring great goals come with time, the HD graphice on the game are class, ps2 version is good but xbox version is class, just stick with it and online is the only way to go to make yourself better.

gmailer wrote:
    cant believe what im reading here, pes for the 360 is a class act, it is much harder than fifa to score and scoring great goals come with time, the HD graphice on the game are class, ps2 version is good but xbox version is class, just stick with it and online is the only way to go to make yourself better.

The online in Xbox Live doesnt make you better at the game. It is not the same game at all. It is sluggish and feels awful. When you come from it and play a friend in the normal versus game on 1 console its like going from playing with Shelbourne and picking Brazil.

I have all 3 versions of the game and the PC/ps2 is the best version. Same game engine but looks a lot nicer on PC so the definitive version is the PC one.

Its not that I think the x360 one is bad, its still streets ahead of Fifa its just not as good as the other versions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭redbhoy1888

yeah spot on there yes its not terrible on Xbox and yes its better than FIFA but what isnt?someone thats played the series for a while can just feel its just not right and the rush job Konami did to get it out cannot have helped.

Personally sometimes I feel like Im fighting against the game as much as trying to play an opponent and its not supposed to be like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I've played pro evo since back in the snes days when it was called something else that escapes me...... anyway the 360 version has so much missing out of it that we've come to expect ie edit mode and THE ABILITY TO SAVE GOALS! ... that sucked ass! the gameplay is still pretty damn ace though especially when compared to fifa. I dowloaded the champions league 2007 demo on xbox live and if you don't know already it is absolutely ****e when compared to pes 6. Like someone else said on this thread "pure muckage"

I've played pro evo since back in the snes days when it was called something else that escapes me...... anyway the 360 version has so much missing out of it that we've come to expect ie edit mode and THE ABILITY TO SAVE GOALS! ... that sucked ass! the gameplay is still pretty damn ace though especially when compared to fifa. I dowloaded the champions league 2007 demo on xbox live and if you don't know already it is absolutely ****e when compared to pes 6. Like someone else said on this thread "pure muckage"
    Everything there is dead on... and I said that... :D

:eek: ;)

It was International Superstar Soccer on the snes.

Although that was a different team in Konami, and that version has since died.

It did appear on PS2 and Gamecube but as far as I know they arent planning on making anymore. The Winning Eleven team make a far better game

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I've played all three extensively, the PC version is by far the best. The XBox 360 version gets even worse when you put it to HD, but it does look pretty. However I have never bought this game because of how it looked. I think the PC and PS2 versions are very similar, very similar, but I think the PS2 can't quite hack it in terms of hardware compared to a fast PC, so it's not quite as good.

PHB wrote:
    The XBox 360 version gets even worse when you put it to HD

What???

• Advertisement

I can't really see how it could get worse on HD...

Advertisement