Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice- Streaming MP3 from my website?

Options
  • 26-07-2007 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

Any one got any advice on how I can get a private MP3 audio file accessible to visitors to my site?

It's too big for them to download and just want them to be able to stream the audio to them.

Thanks
    Redman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Could possibly convert the mp3 to flash file and allow flash to handle the streaming.

Might be overkill, but download a demo copy of Camtasia. Import the mp3 into a new project, export it to flash, job done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Embed a windows media player thing that will play it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jeromesheerin

I have setup a streaming radio station as a project on my own server, its just streaming mp3's from a play list

In Your case you could stream just one,..

I use shoutcast as the server, and I use another program to encode the Mp3, called sc_trans..

Its all very simple setup. However you need linux to do this

All you have to do is embeded a windows media player in the webpage, connect it to the streaming port and your away..

If you want to know more, reply to this fourm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nude_hamster

but will embedded a windows media player , to play the mp3 allow a user , say using a linux or unix distro to play the mp3 file, or even on fireofx...(dam i should know if it works in firefox or not ..:P )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Thanks to you all for your replys to date!

I hope to try out some of these ideas at the weekend .

Cheers

Redman

Advertisement