Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish football this weekend, July 27-29

• 26-07-2007 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

Bray Wanderers V Longford Town Carlisle Grounds - Friday - 7:45PM
    St. Patrick's Athletic V Cork City Richmond Park - Friday - 7:45PM
    Drogheda United V Waterford United United Park - Friday - 7:45PM
    U.C.D. V Bohemians :cool: Belfield Park - Friday - 7:45PM
    Sligo Rovers V Shamrock Rovers The Showgrounds - Friday - 7:45PM, LIVE ON TG4
    Derry City V Galway United Brandywell Stadium - Sunday - 7:00PM

Bohemian FC :cool: v SundIreland, Dalymount Park, Saturday, 7:45pm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Must win game for us, put 5 players on transfer list today :(

Stephen Quigley :(
    Michael Foley :(
    Eamonn Lynch :(
    Sean O'Connor :(
    Dave Mulcahy :(

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

First Division
    Friday July 27
    Limerick 37 vs Kildare County - Jackman Park 7:45pm DRAW
    Monaghan United vs Kilkenny City - Kingspan Century Park 8:00pm HOME
    Shelbourne vs Dundalk - Tolka Park 8:00pm DRAW
    Saturday July 28
    Athlone Town vs Wexford Youths - Lissywoollen 7:00pm DRAW
    Cobh Ramblers vs Finn Harps - St. Colman's Park 7:45pm AWAY

Bray Wanderers V Longford Town DRAW
    St. Patrick's Athletic V Cork City DRAW
    Drogheda United V Waterford United United Park HOME
    U.C.D. V Bohemians Belfield Park DRAW
    Sligo Rovers V Shamrock Rovers The Showgrounds HOME
    Derry City V Galway United DRAW

Bohemian FC v Republic Of Ireland XI ;) AWAY

Good time for Shels to play Dundalk, Dundalk have drawn their last 2 games and there is a hint their early season momentum is being sucked away by Cobh and Limerick who just won't let go of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

yeh massive game between pats and cork i would be happy with a draw but i think pats will win it 2-0. cant see cork scoring because roy head/heart might not be in it and nobody else can score.

As for drogs i think a 1-0 win is the order of the day:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,956 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Good time for Shels to play Dundalk

You weren't in Finn Park last Friday then!!!! :D

Only our great home record gives us any chance. Now who were the only team to beat us in the league in Tolka in living memory???? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

KdjaCL wrote:
    put 5 players on transfer list today :(

Stephen Quigley :(
    Michael Foley :(
    Eamonn Lynch :(
    Sean O'Connor :(
    Dave Mulcahy :(
    :we need an eyebrow raised smiley:

What? Jesus, are there any players coming in?

• Advertisement

Signed 5 players already just balancing the books, shame about Mulcahy.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Come on the 37!

Shels pleeease take points off Dundalk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Dave Mulcahy would have been a player I would have wanted before the season started, we have too many midfielders now.

Sean O'Connor is a good player, would be good competition for Kearney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Mulcahy is a very handy centre half as well though isn't he? Him being released or trnasfer listed surprises me as he is about the best non pro in the eircom league at the moment alongside Billy Woods.

I hope City can get a draw tonight. With our away form so far, a win is but a mere fantasy. Its on TG4 ya?

Not on Tg4 was changed to Rovers vs Rovers.

Mulcahy wont go full time and never trained with us much and with Kerr there now thats a no no, sad to see him go superb player who just wants the ball more than other player.

We struggled since Ndo got injured been a bit hit or miss, some of our games we stuggled to win, so its a good thing hes back tonight :D

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

BFC v SundIreland is now sold out. If you want to see the footballing greats in action this weekend you'll have to go to Belfield.

1-1 Pats Cork and thats how football should be played, thats was a cracking match. Both teams earned a point Cork will be the happier scoring late with 10 men but it was coming.

I love playing Cork none of this bus ****e that drogs bohs and rovers do, cork play ball and that allows us to play ball, we had chances to win it but didnt convert they had a lot of the ball but lacked a cutting edge and a dodgy back four. We gifted them a goal at the end but they deserved something for trying to play football.

Hightlights of that game will be worth watching, we hit the post after 20 seconds :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Bray Wanderers 1 - 3 Longford Town
    Drogheda United 3 - 0 Waterford United
    Sligo Rovers 2 - 0 Shamrock Rovers
    St Patrick's Athletic 1 - 1 Cork City
    UCD 1 - 0 Bohemians

I was working so I couldn't get to United Park tonight, but this was a perfect set of results for the Drogs.

Late goals for UCD & Cork, and we won by more than 1-0.

Happy days! :)

Denis Behan rescued a point for nine-man Cork City in an enthralling end to end encounter at Richmond Park, writes Mark Cummins.

A 38th minute Ryan Guy goal had put Pat's in front but Behan slotted in the equaliser on 87 with the Pat's defence at sixes and sevens.

City finished with nine men after Sean Kelly was sent off and sub Darren Murphy limped off with City having used all three subs.

Manager Damien Richardson was also sent off for dissent on a miserable night for City which also saw Joe Gamble go off with a bad looking foot injury.

Guy, who has been in explosive form for Pat's since making the breakthrough in to the first team, started up front for the home side.

With John O'Flynn injured and Fulham-bound Roy O'Donovan on the bench with a hamstring complaint, City started with a lone striker in the form of Behan in a 4-5-1 formation with the '5' occasionally becoming a 2-3.

The game started in dramatic fashion with Pat's very nearly going ahead after just 29 seconds.

A long ball from the left found Guy on the wing, he in turn put the ball through to Mark Quigley who knocked it on to Alan Kirby who lashed a low drive just wide of Michael Devine's right post.

On 11 minutes Kirby turned provider when he put Anthony Murphy in but Murphy's header went over the bar.

Behan then wasted a perfect opportunity to put City in front on 14 when he pounced on a Darragh Maguire back header but blasted his shot wide of Barry Ryan's goal.

The action switched immediately to the other end and Devine blocked a super header from Guy who had been put in by live-wire Murphy.

On 21 minutes Billy Gibson found Quigley with a great ball but Quigley sent his effort well over the bar.

It wasn't all Pat's though as Leon McSweeney and Colin Healy had efforts on target for City.

St Pat's always looked more likely to score and that opener finally came on 38 minutes.

Excellent team work culminated in Michael Keane teeing up Guy who made no mistake with his close range effort from inside the box.

City's task was made harder on 40 minutes when Joe Gamble limped off with what looked like a problem with his right foot, to be replaced by Colin O'Brien.

Gareth Farrelly struck a free kick for City on 45 but Ryan got down to save.

The second half started with Quigley and Guy threatening Devine's goal again before Behan headed over for City.

Farrelly then struck a long range shot that flew over the top.

Guy showed great skill on 55 when he back heeled the ball to Gibson on the edge of the box but Gibson put too little weight on his subsequent pass to Quigley and the chance was gone as City intercepted.

On 62 minutes Neal Horgan superbly cleared off the line from Quigley after the Pat's man had intercepted a weak back pass.

City were reduced to ten men on 70 when Sean Kelly was sent off for a tackle on Quigley on the edge of the box. However, the subsequent free kick by Sean O'Connor was wasted.

O'Donovan made an appearance on 76 minutes when he came on for Leon McSweeney.

City then saw Darren Murphy limp-off and with all three subs used they had to finish with nine men.

Against the odds, they then dramatically snatched a draw when Behan took advantage of very poor Pat's defending to slot past Ryan and into the top left corner.

St Pat's: Ryan, Brennan, Rogers, Gibson, Maguire, Keane (O'Connor 44), Kirby, Fahey, Guy, Murphy, M Quigley (Murphy 90)

Cork City: Devine, Horgan, Farrelly, Murray, Gamble (O'Brien 40), Behan, Lordan, Healy, McSweeney (O'Donovan 76), Kelly, Kearney (Murphy 72)

Referee: D Hancock
    I was working so I couldn't get to United Park tonight, but this was a perfect set of results for the Drogs.

Your still **** :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

KdjaCL wrote:

Your still **** :D

kdjac

One too many asterisks there. there's only 3 letters in T-O-P. :)

PDN wrote:
    One too many asterisks there. there's only 3 letters in T-O-P. :)

Cya in 2 weeks, will you come out to play or bring the bus? Stupid question really. Im fairly confident we will beat you again but we relying on others to beat you to.

Cmon bray :o

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Cork match was just hilarious.

I would have clapped even louder if after Behan scored he came over and gave all us City fans the "**** you" sign.

BANG!! What a finish and Healy nearly had the winner.

As soon as Roy came on Pats pissed themselves.

From the stand Rico got a roasting. To see Darren Murphy come on and even in his short cameo of 10 minutes show more balls and composure than Kelly has done all season is a damning indictment of Rico's selection policy. Darren Murphy was voted Fans Player of the Month for June and has barely featured in a squad since.

Its hard to patient with a player like Farrelly who looks out of shape with his Duck Ass. If hes not going to take playing for City serious then he should just **** off. He's getting paid to be in shape! Carrying the condition he has is a disgrace and this league is not an 'ol mans league any more so he will be shown up!!!!:mad: He had some good moments tonight but his Fat Ass will always disguise this and fans will be on his back,

Good point in the end as we were down to 9 players.

Pats had their moments but didnt look near a title winning side.

Good crowd from Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Results
    Bray Wanderers 1 Longford Town 3
    Drogheda United 3 Waterford United 0
    St. Patricks's Athletic 1 Cork City 1
    Sligo Rovers 2 Shamrock Rovers 0
    UCD 1 Bohemians 0

Limerick 37 0 Kildare County 0
    Monaghan United 3 Kilkenny City 0
    Shelbourne 1 Dundalk 0

Amazing result for Shels, fuly deserved, lions the lot of them. Better side in the first half, could have scored 3 or 4 and all fell to Crouchy Flood but the one header was good enough. Dundalk came out all guns blazing in the 2nd half but aside from one great save from the magnificent Tony O'Dowd they never really looked like scoring, we could have added a 2nd or 3rd with more conviction infront of goal. Shels still are nowhere near the finished article, still a few weak links but there is great hope for 2008 if this team lives up to it's full potential. Dundalk are undoubtedly a very good team and the best in the 1st Division. They may be rattled but if they can keep their bottle and resolve they will win the league because Cobh and Limerick are distinctly average sides who are overachieving IMO.
    From the stand Rico got a roasting. To see Darren Murphy come on and even in his short cameo of 10 minutes show more balls and composure than Kelly has done all season is a damning indictment of Rico's selection policy. Darren Murphy was voted Fans Player of the Month for June and has barely featured in a squad since.
    I remember him against Shels last month, by a distance your best player that night, looks a very good player, i too don't see why he should be on the bench when there are so many underperforming players at Cork so far this season. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

what a load of bollox you lot talk about drogheda. we are top of the league by 3 points with a game in hand and we deserve every bit of it. the amount of players we are missing this year is unbelievable. We are missing our best striker, who is one of the best in the league (fabs) and we still have 30 goals this season 1 goal behind the mights SPA so yas can go stuff ya bus up ya arse.

We are missing Jason Gavin who before this season i rated as the best player in the league now its brian shelley.
    add this to dan connor missing half the year, richie baker, ollie cahill is out for a while, james keddy missed the 1st half of the year, as did o keeffe, shane barrett out for the year.

I am sure there are others i cant think of at the minute but i think some of you should get your high (oh we play great sexy football but are still ****) horse and give the drogs the respect they deserve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

You cant be serious giving out about Farrellys condition? Rico knew when he signed him that he was a player who waddled around the centre circle making the odd decisive pass. The reason no English team would take him is because he wanted to get fit in his own time, if the 6 month break hes just had isnt long enough hes never going to get fit. Where is he living out of interest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,956 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=hyhkM3rywG0

Dundalk scum try to burn down Tolka.

Great win last night, fully deserved. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,080 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

bohsman wrote:
    Where is he living out of interest?

I'd hazard a guess at Lennox's..

(thanks, im here all week..)

redzerdrog wrote:
    what a load of bollox you lot talk about drogheda. we are top of the league by 3 points with a game in hand and we deserve every bit of it. the amount of players we are missing this year is unbelievable. We are missing our best striker, who is one of the best in the league (fabs) and we still have 30 goals this season 1 goal behind the mights SPA so yas can go stuff ya bus up ya arse.

We are missing Jason Gavin who before this season i rated as the best player in the league now its brian shelley.
    add this to dan connor missing half the year, richie baker, ollie cahill is out for a while, james keddy missed the 1st half of the year, as did o keeffe, shane barrett out for the year.

I am sure there are others i cant think of at the minute but i think some of you should get your high (oh we play great sexy football but are still ****) horse and give the drogs the respect they deserve.

Thats terrible really, we missing ndo for 2 months now O Neill for 1 and now keane for unknown, dont see us btiching about it every bleeding week.

We wont win the league never thought we would but we will beat you in 2 weeks as we are a better footballing team, we just cant sit back and score 1 goal in 90th minute. oddly im not complaining that we dont would prefer to do what we did last night every week.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Worst performance of the season from Limerick, Waters missing that penalty really summed our night up, we missed a huge chance to gain ground on dundalk and cobh, if we play to ur full ability we can beat anyone, really need to get the act together for next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

And ye were also the only team to let me down in my accumulator!

Advertisement