Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf trottle body

Options
  • 26-07-2007 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Quick question is there a trottle body on a Golf Mk5 1.6 8 value engine? and does it get congested in gunk like on the MkIV 1.4's? just want to specify that it gets cleaned when its serviced.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Just ask to have it cleaned. It won't do any harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

there is a throttle body on every engine:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I can't belive someone typed trottle and meant it! :D;)

Mike.

p-nut wrote:
    there is a throttle body on every engine:rolleyes:

What about a 1989 Passat (type 31) with an EZ engine. Show me the part number for a throttle body on that one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

crosstownk wrote:
    What about a 1989 Passat (type 31) with an EZ engine. Show me the part number for a throttle body on that one ;)

037 129 016C - 1989 Passat EZ Carburetor

Of course every car doesnt have a throttle body. All cars with fuel injection would.

• Advertisement

VeVeX wrote:
    037 129 016C - 1989 Passat EZ Carburetor

Of course every car doesnt have a throttle body. All cars with fuel injection would.

Spot on - on both counts.:)

Advertisement