Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

what car?

Options
  • 26-07-2007 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

well buying my first car but bit stuck on what to get i was looking at

ford fiesta
    vw polo
    peugeot 306
    fiat bravo
    seat ibiza

any advice would be appreciated along with other suggestions by the way im 17 and ive checked out insurance all comin in at about 2500
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

mozil wrote:
    well buying my first car but bit stuck on what to get i was looking at

ford fiesta
    vw polo
    peugeot 306
    fiat bravo
    seat ibiza

any advice would be appreciated along with other suggestions by the way im 17 and ive checked out insurance all comin in at about 2500
    thanks

Volkswagen Polo would be my first choice everytime. Seat Ibiza would be my second choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭mozil

thanks would most ppl go 4 a polo so. its looks to me that they are over rated

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭bonzer1again

As a young driver, I hate to phrase it like this but the odds are at some stage you'll have an accident (not necessarily your fault), hopefully a minor one, and when this happens the one thing you'll be looking for, is safety features, such as Airbags (know how many airbags each car has). I'll also recommend that you check out the Euro NCAP website and compare each of the cars safety wise.

http://www.euroncap.com/home.aspx

Hope this helps!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The OP doesn't mention what year he/she is looking at but take note that of the list above the Polo didn't get power steering as standard until around 2000. Polos also tend to be expensive for what you get.

No surprises but my choice would be the Fiesta 1.25 litre. Nice car to drive, parts & servicing are cheap, plus Zetec or Ghia models are well equipped.

Best thing to do is test drive as many as possible and then make your choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

from that list i would go with the Fiesta too, joint best handler with the pug. great all rounder

• Advertisement
Advertisement