Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can you call the centre for a cancellation once you have your reference number?

Options
  • 26-07-2007 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I failed my test earlier in the week by one bloody grade:rolleyes:, a bit pissed as two were supposedly for not indicating when turining left, which I actually did but I can't contest it, so F*CK you deaf tester.

I applied online that very day, and sent a letter from work a few hours later requesting a quick date for work reasons. I am going away for a month in just over two weeks so I am desperate to get another date before I leave, very unlikely I guess. Can I ring up the test centre with my reference number and tell them I will take whatever cancellation they have within the next few weeks or must I go through Ballina, which I already have done by sending the letter from work.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi,
    Can I ring up the test centre with my reference number

No. The testers only follow the work-sheet they receive from their headquarters - Ballina. Everything emanates from there.

However, if you are friendly with a tester, he might put in a good word with Ballina :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

lol, don't suppose you are a tester? :D

Balls, I was really hoping to get a quick test within the next two weeks before I go away for a month. I don't suppose the work letter I sent a few days ago will get me a test that quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi,

With the letter did you send any actual proof that you were going away, photostat of your airline ticket for example ??

If not, do so now if possible. Everyone sends letters.

You could also try 'phoning Ballina. You might get lucky and someone might actually answer the phone. If you do get through, be polite, explain and plead your case. Have found them quite helpful - at times.

You could also offer to accept a cancellation in other test centers.

Good Luck

Thanks, JR.

I was too stupid to send a scan of my airline ticket, but I must have used about six variations of the word urgently in the letter from work, but I doubt that makes a difference. I'll give them a call first thing in the morning and if I get no joy I'll send a copy of the airline ticket and a e20 note.

Bollox! I rang today and did my best to sweet talk the girl but she was having none of it, I was promptly told it would probably be three months before I get another date, even taking my letter from work into account.

Slightly off topic, it took me nearly two hours to get talking to someone. I was cut off three times after being in queue for over 20minutes each, needless to say I wasn't too impressed. Then I finally got through after being on hold for about 25minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Nephew wrote:
    Bollox! I rang today and did my best to sweet talk the girl but she was having none of it, I was promptly told it would probably be three months before I get another date, even taking my letter from work into account.

If I were you i'd just ring again, + repeatedly say you'd be willing to take one at short notice - they get a lot of cancellations at this time of year and often there isn't enough notice to get a letter sent out so they ring you.

It took nearly two hours to get through yesterday I guess it's the same every day, I don't think I have the time or patience to keep doing it tbh. I have given up on getting a cancellation before my holidays in two weeks so I'd now settle for mid or late october if that's the case because I wont have drove for a month by the time I get back.

I told her yesterday I would take the nearest cancellation with minimal notice but she told me there are hundreds of people ahead of me in the queue so it could be up to 3 months. Ba humbug!

Advertisement