Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Guns N Roses

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

i seen them at Slane. they were incredible. Although Axl was talking the usual american crap about being half irish ... blah blah blah. On the other hand, Slash said he thought he could drink until he came to Ireland and seen how we drink !!;)

Weird cos i saw them at slane once and they were muck :eek: temper tantrums, **** sound, long boring guitar solos, long boring drum solos. FNM blew them away IMO

You must have seen them some other time at Slane :)

Still the first side of AFD is still worth the odd spin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

In the poll, are you talking about GnR's entire history? Coz if you are its rediculous! Nobody thinks VR is better than GnR 87-91!

If you're talking about the current lineup of GnR, well they have released nothing officially so its kind of a null poll. There has been a few songs leaked, and they're great (especially Chinese Democracy, Better and Madagascar) but Slither, You Got No Right and Messages are all better than anything by the current GnR. It's not really fair to compare as long as the current lineup is a cover band. When (if?) CD is released, then we can make a fair comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I personally think There Was a Time is better than anything VR have done and in fact the only good songs VR have ever done IMO are You Got No Right, Slither and Fall to Pieces(I didn't like Messages much).

On the other hand I don't really think Better is very good at all and I don't like the studio version of The Blues too much either(2001/2002 version with more lead guitar was far better). Chinese Democracy is class to hear at first because of the brilliant production, but it's lacking somewhat due to the fact that it isn't really all that great a song(hence no one really praising it before they'd heard the studio leak).

I think that Chinese Democracy will be a much more interesting album than Contraband or Libertad though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭BENJAMIN61

JC 2K3 wrote:
    I personally think There Was a Time is better than anything VR have done and in fact the only good songs VR have ever done IMO are You Got No Right, Slither and Fall to Pieces(I didn't like Messages much).

On the other hand I don't really think Better is very good at all and I don't like the studio version of The Blues too much either(2001/2002 version with more lead guitar was far better). Chinese Democracy is class to hear at first because of the brilliant production, but it's lacking somewhat due to the fact that it isn't really all that great a song(hence no one really praising it before they'd heard the studio leak).

I think that Chinese Democracy will be a much more interesting album than Contraband or Libertad though.
    ME TO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

BENJAMIN61 wrote:
    do you like the song the garden
    That deadly

• Advertisement

That deadly
    GIFT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

jaysus benjamin, i've seen your postcount multiply over the last few days, and all with statements :D

JIZZLORD wrote:
    jaysus benjamin, i've seen your postcount multiply over the last few days, and all with statements :D
    well i am great

well you could contribute instead of just ramping up posts.

my posts are pure class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

BENJAMIN61 wrote:
    estraned is good but the guitar playing is not the best
    f*** that are you haven a laugh, and i'd say your pretty good yourself???? do you even play??? Estranged is a genius song!!!! never heard anything like its, i recently purchased the vhs of making of estranged and the members repeatedly said that they found it hard to play especially when they are playing live! Slash used to lose the head backstage it was played live and if anyone f?cked up on it, he took gr8 pride in it, it was like his baby!!!! goes to show how much you know!!!!!!:D :rolleyes:

Guns and Roses with Slash/Duff/Axl/Izzy etc was golden.

Nowadays Velvet Revolver are better than the current "Guns N Roses"

hyn-zie wrote:
    f*** that are you haven a laugh, and i'd say your pretty good yourself???? do you even play??? Estranged is a genius song!!!! never heard anything like its, i recently purchased the vhs of making of estranged and the members repeatedly said that they found it hard to play especially when they are playing live! Slash used to lose the head backstage it was played live and if anyone f?cked up on it, he took gr8 pride in it, it was like his baby!!!! goes to show how much you know!!!!!!:D :rolleyes:
    i know alot thank you

JC 2K3 wrote:

Well, I agree with that last statement, but only coz Velvet Revolver could be arsed releasing an album now and again. If you had a compilation of everything Slash has done in the time Axl's been working on CD (Snakepit, VR, guest appearances) it would probably be fairly impressive too. It will be amazing to hear CD tho, all those song titles we've heard over the years. The point about the song CD is probably true too.

Interesting you mention There Was A Time. The ironic thing is, when Axl does release CD, he will not only have to deal with "where's Slash, Izzy, Duff" questions, he'll also have to deal with where's Buckethead's questions, because BH is turning out to be the star of the new album. What a solo on TWAT! Losing Buckethead was the biggest blow to the project since the original guys left. They found an awesome replacement for Slash and now he's gone before the album even got released. BBF is cool but his contributions to CD are likely to be very limited. He's only had a year to work on the album, which in Axl time is about a week. So when the album is released one of the stars won't be in the band anymore, which hurts their image even more than the original guys leaving IMO.

Interesting to see Duff, Izzy and Adler play Mr. Brownstone together again last Saturday. Still don't think a reunion will ever happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

BENJAMIN61 wrote:
    i know alot thank you

Ha ha good one!!!!!

twas funny, i got 4 pm's from him implicitly tellying me that i'm a homosexual!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Hmm depends - how long ago did you say this?

Shortly after the Gig at the RDS. July 2006 methinks

Het-Field wrote:
    Shortly after the Gig at the RDS. July 2006 methinks

I doubt you got laughed off the board for saying it then but ill take your word.

Advertisement