Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why So few people playing Dark Age of Camelot ???

Options
  • 27-07-2007 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

This game is without doubt the best Player versus player endgame (when you have reached the top level ) MMO yet made :D

Why so few players playing it :(

Givf more paddies ... heres a link to EU site http://daoc.goa.com/en/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Personally, its because;

A) it looks tired and old, like a worn, badly chewed dog toy.
    B) there are alot of class imbalances, some classes are way more powerful, taking on 2 and 3 of lesser classes, at a time
    C) buff bots are rampant, if you want to play on the non-classic servers (and last time I played, they were the most popular) you really need a buff bot of your own even just for pvp at end game :(

other than those, it is a highly enjoyable PvP based game. I absolutely loved it to bits, but I'm a bit tired of it and I find it incredibly difficult to go back from WoW to it, as bored of WoW as I might be :(

However, probably the biggest reason I am not still playing DAoC is because I'm trying to get myself off the MMORPG's in anticipation of Warhammer. You know, hunger is the best sauce? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I would have to disagree with Ivan on all points.

1. while more modern MMOs might have more detailed textures and models, I still prefer the overall look and atmosphere of DAOC

2. This may be a problem if you RvR solo, but it was never intended to be balanced around 1v1. In group RvR, while there were a handful of classes that were pretty useless, if the players were adaptable enough, most classes could compete against the best. there are no classes I would consider especially over powered, having found most of the best groups on the US servers with groups on all three realms over the last few years.

3. Buffbots are a bit more difficult to consider. Yes they were a very powerful tool, and I guess that they were really only a problem if you didn't have one. It was a flaw in how the game was designed. Even if no-one had bots, in solo play if someone got buffs from a passing group, they would be at a huge advantage over someone that didn't. In that respect, they were a way at levelling the playing field to some extent. Unfortunately those who didn't have one or didn't have friends with one suffered greatly. This didn't seem like much of an issue after about the first year and a half of the game, but it probably discouraged alot of people from trying to compete. I will concede that Ivan's point here is valid to a certain extent.

Personally I still love the game. My reasons for not playing any more are the fact that most of the good opponents are gone. No more Free RPS, Lagged Again, Insurrection, LARFO, what is left of Bedlam are only a shadow of their former selves. Most of the better groups are driven by radar, and lag hacking, and despite being easy fights anyway, they are still deluded into thinking they are good players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

I quit it and WoW because of the Warhammer Beta

Cant see any reason to go back now to either :)

Having lots of fun with my Black Orc,

WAAAAAAAGHH!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Still waiting and hoping for that myself. *checks mailbox* Nope, still no beta invites, damn it!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Well i'm still playing ya galway nooblet :p

Play U.S. Classic servers ftw, hardly any bots strapped to someone, tonnes of idiot hunters and shaman to smash up and only 3-6 people in stealth groups usually lol.

And my rejuv heretic gets some lovin next patch yay !!

btw both Dafft and Eversmall are in my infy's current guild lol, only met evers there last week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement