Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good place for after-dinner drinks?

Options
  • 27-07-2007 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

wasn't sure if this should go in the drink forum or here so...going on a "date" tomorrow (know the guy well), dinner in the city centre (southside). just wondering if anyone can recommend a nice place around for drinks afterwards? preferably somewhere with a cocktail bar! :D don't want to go anywhere too loud, ie not a club. does anyone know if fitzsimons in temple bar is any good? thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

fitzsimons is usually packed on fridays and saturdays. i hate the place.

you could try capitol lounge on georges st. they do decent cocktails in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Urgh, yeah stay away from ****zimon's at all costs..

The Westbury hotel do nice coctails in the bar. Not as expensive as you'd expect, and it's nice and relaxed.

Also, Venu, on Anne's Lane, just off Grafton Street, have a fantastic coctail menu. It's a bar and restaurant, but I've often been in with the gf, just for coctails at the bar. Very snazzy. I recommend it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There is a nice bar upstairs in the Central Hotel - dunno if they do cocktails though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the capitol bar on auinger (spelling) street does cocktails afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

the cellar bar (part of the merrion hotel) is also very nice - cocktails (but beer too ;))

• Advertisement
Advertisement