Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blank page

Options
  • 27-07-2007 1:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been posted already, why does it take me 5-10... attempts to get onto boards? All i get is a blank page, seems like pot luck if you get a site or not?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Where's your endurance man?!

Couldn't help myself, don't know, good luck ///*bows out.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Every page?!!?

This is happening me at the minute with <5% of the pages I load, it's not bothering me as it generally loads when I refresh. Try clearing you cache and see if that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Getting served up blank pages here sometimes too... for some reason I find it's usually when I'm viewing a thread with multiple pages.
    Refresh does nothing but load the same empty page... the only thing that works for me is deleting the www. from the url and trying again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

I have found it to be quite slow to load a lot of the time but I have never just got a blank page!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Been happening to me too - particularly Mon to Wed this week.
    Yesterday it seems to have untwisted its knickers & has been OK since.
    Hitting refresh 3 or 4 times sorts it out, as does navigating to another forum.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ya this was brought up before but nobody knew why it was happening.

For me, it only happens when visiting the main page.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's annoying but a few f5's sorts it out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Sully wrote:

For me, it only happens when visiting the main page.

It hasn't happened to me in a while but it only affects the main page for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Getting the same here. Happening about 5% of the time and always on multi-page threads when trying to go click on the next page or previous page.
    Refreshing doesn't seem to work. It did seem to occur more often about a week or two ago then stopped happening and is now happening again. Odd :( .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Is anyone who is getting this, not using Firefox?

I just got the exact same thing on a non-forum site.

Seems to be happening more frequently this afternoon. Refresh is still doing the trick though.

Seems to be a firefox issue alright Seamus.
    I'm still waiting for my firefox reply to go in and thats 3 minutes ago.

Took at least 5 attempts for me to get into this thread.
    Sames happening elsewhere on boards.

(firefox)

Internet Explorer here. I was using firefox earlier (until 12.30pm) and had no problems seamus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Pages have been very slow (5+mins) to load sometimes today. Sometimes they load without formatting (can read the posts but no colours etc), Sometimes they load all to one side. Twice there was an unable to find the page

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Happening me ALL the time too and its really annoying! Maybe if we all subscribed there might be more money to make "things" work better! hehe

/off to check pockets for spare pennies

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

It's been happening to me all day. Using Internet Explorer here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

440Hz wrote:
    Happening me ALL the time too and its really annoying! Maybe if we all subscribed there might be more money to make "things" work better! hehe

/off to check pockets for spare pennies

Maybe if the people who ran boards realised that the amount of crap on these forums is bringing it down from the inside! Honestly, browse around and click on a few of these obscure forums, no one uses them!!! Time to stream line boards, get rid of all this random crap, maybe then boards will run for more than 24hrs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

It ridiculously slow alright. Adverts is the same. This thread took like 2 minutes to load!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

yep slow/timeouts/non loading pages the last two days for me alright, using IE7 and FF (updated) so dont know whats going wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Maybe if the people who ran boards realised that the amount of crap on these forums is bringing it down from the inside! Honestly, browse around and click on a few of these obscure forums, no one uses them!!! Time to stream line boards, get rid of all this random crap, maybe then boards will run for more than 24hrs.

Of course that's assuming that having so many forums actually makes a difference...

The blank page problem hasn't happened to me for a good while. Merci.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Funny.
    I was just about to come in here and congratulate the admins on the fact that boards has been running smoothly of late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Absolutely no problems here.

Firefox 1.5.x

:)

Yup, all is running well here too. Thanks all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

I wonder if its due to node 5 not being in the pool

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Did one of the other nodes have a data leak in the pool?

Hate when that happens :/

What sort of set-up does boards sit on? Please forgive my curious nature :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Has happened to me a lot. Internet Explorer 7

Advertisement