Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blank page

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Chatmaster wrote:
    Has happened to me a lot. Internet Explorer 7
    Recently?

This week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Its started happing a lot today, took me ages to get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yep, starting happening today and yesterday again for me. Did node 5 fall back into the pool? :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Since the crash yesterday, forum has been slow with blank pages when going to the forum index.

Still all fine here

*touches wood*

ahem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Especially annoying when movig a thread.

It has started happening now alright. Lunchtime rush?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I've had it a few times today as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Bloomin' webnode(s) again?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Maybe if the people who ran boards realised that the amount of crap on these forums is bringing it down from the inside! Honestly, browse around and click on a few of these obscure forums, no one uses them!!! Time to stream line boards, get rid of all this random crap, maybe then boards will run for more than 24hrs.

It is the popular forums that are bringing down the server not the unpopular ones. To get boards to run better is probably best to get rid of these ones first and see how it goes.;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

marco_polo wrote:
    It is the popular forums that are bringing down the server not the unpopular ones. To get boards to run better is probably best to get rid of these ones first and see how it goes.;)

Yep you're right. AH has been acting up on me but smaller forums like the Sligo forum are grand. Cull everything, only leave the census. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

seamus wrote:
    Yep, starting happening today and yesterday again for me. Did node 5 fall back into the pool? :)
    Take it out. Take it out.

Terry wrote:
    Take it out. Take it out.

That's what she said. :p

So good I said it twice. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Happening to me a lot over the last few days too. Sometimes it's just slow, like just now. Sometimes it doesn't load at all, like the first time i hit reply and sometimes it's fine. It's the apparent arbitrariness that makes it very frustrating.

Seems to have stopped now, maybe someone dropped the node?

I suppose we'll have to assume so.

Worse again now.

Every third page needs F5 to load, and not a single refresh either :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

404s, timeouts and general annoyance since I logged in this evening. No specific forum, nothing seems amiss with page generation times and like Humbert, it seems randomly dispersed; might happen 10 tries in a row and then work for a while. Odd.

[edit] I've tried to post this message 4 times using quick reply

Advertisement