Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid 4

Options
  • 27-07-2007 2:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else really excited about this game? I just checked out Kojima showing off the gameplay aspects on Youtube and it looks awesome. Great to see some of the older characters coming back too.

What are your thoughts on this game MGS fans?

I reckon it's worth buying a PS3 just for this game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Yeah, watching that gameplay video blew me away (again). It should become one of those console defining experiences and a reason to purchase that console.

The sheer amount of ways of dealing with enemies is incredible and the way they interact with each other and their environment is something else, this may be the first MGS game where blasting your way through a level is rendered a null tactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

From the gameplay trailer there are so many things that have been added, it feels like a less cumbersome game, control-wise.

Example: when throwing grenades, an arc appears that shows the trajectory. Simple but for an MGS game, its new.

Also, the camo is a lot better. A button press and it works.

Can't wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

omg at the videos of the gameplay :eek:

Seriously I thought the cut scene ones were good

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Anyone else really excited about this game? I just checked out Kojima showing off the gameplay aspects on Youtube and it looks awesome. Great to see some of the older characters coming back too.

What are your thoughts on this game MGS fans?

I reckon it's worth buying a PS3 just for this game.
    You were watching on youtube? You really should watch it in high def. The level of detail is unbelievable. Cant wait to get my hands on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

That's mental, MGS 4 would probibly be the only reason alot of us would get a PS3! It's the most realistic thing I've ever seen on a games console... or even a PC! (apart from the whole Metal Gear aspect ofcource;) , but you'd never know... might happen *unlikely*)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Is this coming to PC ?

MooseJam wrote:
    Is this coming to PC ?
    No. PS3 exclusive only.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

For now anyway, it'll be interesting to see if sales of the console and indeed game are at a level that Konami are happy enough to not decide to port it to the 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

absolutely stunning. Very smooth with plenty of depth yet the controls look very intuitive.

It's the first game (presuming it remains an exclusive) that would have me eying up a PS3.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just watched the video there and looks excellent. Not too much of a change from the last games, but they seem to have certainly made minor tweaks to the traditional gameplay and items that should change the experience quite a bit. The steel drum looks like an excellent addition especially, although I fail to see how looking through a "men's magazine" will cure nausea ;)

It will take my strongest willpower not to cave in and pick up a PS3 when this is on the shelves...

It will take my strongest willpower not to cave in and pick up a PS3 when this is on the shelves...

Go on, you know you want to:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

It does indeed look good, very good, but it's not enticing me at all.
    I really don't think i could stomach another guff-filled gibberish fest of a Metal Gear game.

the Metal gear series would be alot better if they reigned in the suffocating plot and let the game go on without trying to prove how clever it all is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I thought the plot in MGS3 was great, a lot simpler and therefore better than the mess that was MGS 2. I'm hoping that this game doesn't turn into the mess that MGS 2 was. It was great in MGS3 that after the first 30 minutes the cutscenes and codec calls dried up and it let you play the game. I hope it's the same with this game. MGS 2 played great but the constant interruprions were really annoying.

Advertisement