Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Girlfriend just started driving

Options
  • 27-07-2007 2:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

Not really a PI or even an After Hours topic, but reckon most suitable in motoring

Right my girlfriend just started driving and now she's the worst passenger to have on. before she would just sit there completely oblivious to whats going on, but now,
    she lets out a yelp (she's not a dog;) ) when ever a car is close along side, or if she isn't paying attention and suddenly looks up and see a car infront, that if i hadn't of stopped i would have crashed into, like in a car park, just driving slowly but a car might still pull out 20 yards in front.
    but the most annoying time is when we are in a lane that joining traffic, i'll be in my lane, but if there's a car in the other lane along side, she's convinced we'll crash into it!!!
    its driving me nuts, and i just wondering if anybody else has experienced it or is anyone else a bad passenger?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

try sedatives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭paulie.walnuts

trade her in for a new model (the girlfriend not the car) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I noticed that happening too a few years back, I was suddenly not allowed to overtake (didn't stop me).

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Don't worry about it too much, when she gets more used to driving it should sort itself out

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭GoalsGoneWild

Be afraid...Be very afraid!!! :D

My ex used to put her head in her hands everytime that I overtook someone. Got a bit distracting on the regular trips up and down to Cork. Thing was that she was actually a great driver herself - just didn't have much faith in me. :(

Probably why she's my ex - sob, sob ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement