Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Metal Show

• 27-07-2007 2:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

Anyone remember this from the early 90 presented by john kenny(now doin some sports sh1te) , when did they finish this , it was one of the best things on radio back then , i know theres no need for it now what with the internet and the metal channels on sky.

JK ON DA RADIO

JOHN KENNY.......DA NA NA NA NA NA NA!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 eric the head

ah yes i remember the show on 2fm. his mispronunciation of band names were legendary. It was a decent effort. Although i think Ray McGowan's metal show on Phantom kicks its ass !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Metal Notes, Phantom 105.2, Mondays 8-10pm. Apparently the best show south of heaven according to Ray himself! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

There's a fair few around, if you know where to look.

These are the ones I know of.

Monday: Phantom, as above.
    Tuesday: None
    Wednesday: Near 90.3fm, Modern Rock 4:30-5:30pm and the Rock Den 11pm-12am
    Thursday: Anna Livia 103.2, the Mosh Pit 10-11pm
    Friday: Phantom 105.2, The Powerhouse 8-10pm
    Saturday: Near 90.3fm, Livewire 7-8:30pm
    Sunday: Raidió na Life 106.4fm, Scrios agus Ár 10:30pm-12am

Pretty good selection if you ask me. Although one thing Phantom has got right is that metal shows should be 2 hours long, 1 hour is nowhere near enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

fobster wrote:
    There's a fair few around, if you know where to look.

These are the ones I know of.

Monday: Phantom, as above.
    Tuesday: None
    Wednesday: Near 90.3fm, Modern Rock 4:30-5:30pm and the Rock Den 11pm-12am
    Thursday: Anna Livia 103.2, the Mosh Pit 10-11pm
    Friday: Phantom 105.2, The Powerhouse 8-10pm
    Saturday: Near 90.3fm, Livewire 7-8:30pm
    Sunday: Raidió na Life 106.4fm, Scrios agus Ár 10:30pm-12am

Pretty good selection if you ask me. Although one thing Phantom has got right is that metal shows should be 2 hours long, 1 hour is nowhere near enough!

You might want to have a look at Blitz with Micko on after Powerhouse on Fridays (22.00 - 00.00) on Phantom 105.2. Not just metal but the heavier side of rock!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

BrianD wrote:
    the best show south of heaven

i think i need a pint. that was an awful line... awful... :D
    catch--22 wrote:
    You might want to have a look at Blitz with Micko on after Powerhouse on Fridays (22.00 - 00.00) on Phantom 105.2. Not just metal but the heavier side of rock!

yeah was going to suggest that myself. not pure metal but you'll get your bit of tool, NIN, deftones and that kind of "heavy rock" stuff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement