Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTG problem

• 27-07-2007 9:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

I bought a RTG phone from vodafone in June last year. I wanted a new phone but wasnt due an upgrade so I put my prepay sim in to the rtg phone. The sim card that came with the rtg phone was left sitting on a sideboard and has hardly been used since except to check that the €10 credit was being added. I put the rtg sim back into the phone it came with last night cos I wanted to check it before i gave it somebody but it comes up saying "unregistered sim". When I got the sim i did register it and it should have approx €70 of credit.
    I know I should phone vodafone customer care but there is a problem. I cannot remember what the phone number was. If I gave them the imei number for the phone will they be able find the phone number for the sim and reactive it? Or more importantly will they reactivate it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

they don't need the imei number, there's a number on the sim card itself. after 12 months the number is reassigned so you might not get it it back but if you ask nicely they might give the number and the credit. no harm in asking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

thanks for that commander vimes, the number on the card was all I needed. Turns out it has been so long since I used the thing they has cancelled the number, along with all the credit on the card. I jumped up and down a bit and threatened to cancel my prepay account so they credited me with a free month on my billpay to make up for it.

Advertisement