Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hand over your mouth?

• 27-07-2007 9:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭

What’s the story with people forgetting their good matters? Or are they not being thought anymore?

On the bus this morning this chap sat down beside me. He coughed and coughed and coughed. One of those really angry ones where you can literally hear the dark green mucus of his chest infection smouldering inside him waiting to erupt. I was convinced at one stage that if he coughed one more time that his lungs would land on the floor in-front of him.
    What happened to going to the doctor when your that sick? Sounded like he has it for weeks for it to get that bad.

And here’s the bit that annoyed me. Ok fair enough you have a cough, been there and you can’t really help it. But for god sake, he sat there and literally coughed and coughed with no hand over his mouth.
    There was mucus actually flying out of his mouth into the air in-front of him and onto the bus floor. :eek:

Sick

There was a day not so long ago when you were that sick you just didn't go to work so as not to infect everybody else in the office. This long gone?
    End of rant

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Yup, hate it when these ignorent fecks sit behind you and all you can feel each time is the gust of wind in your hair as they cough all over you.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

where you can literally hear the dark green mucus of his chest infection smouldering inside him waiting to erupt.
    yuk:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Was gonna start this thread myself this morning.

A colleague of mine has caught a cold and he sits on my left facing me.

As he types away he sneezes, doesnt lift his hands off the keyboard, insteads turns his head and sneezes at me.

I have asked him again and again to cover his ****ing nose buttttttt noooooooooooo thats too hard.

Lo and behold I am sick today.

Going home at 12 in protest

Tw@t!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

TheGooner wrote:
    Was gonna start this thread myself this morning.

As he types away he sneezes, doesnt lift his hands off the keyboard, insteads turns his head and sneezes at me.

I have asked him again and again to cover his ****ing nose buttttttt noooooooooooo thats too hard.

Lo and behold I am sick today.

Going home at 12 in protest

Tw@t!

Kick him in the neck tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

that's disgusting. it's a reflex for me to cover my mouth. the only time I don't is if I am carrying something large in both hands *winks to the ladies*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

One of my co-workers uses his elbow, sounds odd at first but he pointed out that by using your hand you will then contaminate everything you touch, whereas how often do you use the inside of your elbow to interact with anything/anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

I've found I do that too; its seems instinctual to bury your face in the crook of your arm when coughing/sneezing, or maybe I'm just a f*cked-up weirdo...

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

TheGooner wrote:

Reminds me of that character in Little Britain (Computer says Nooooo) who just coughs on people.

Its obviously an increasing problem

Manners cost nothing but can be worth a lot!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

What happened to going to the doctor when your that sick?
    What if he was on his way to the docs? :p

I generally use the top of my arm (where shoulder/arm meet) to cover sneezes. Coughing depends though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

farohar wrote:
    One of my co-workers uses his elbow, sounds odd at first but he pointed out that by using your hand you will then contaminate everything you touch, whereas how often do you use the inside of your elbow to interact with anything/anyone.

But how are you supposed to wipe the inside of your elbow on your colleagues chair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Jumpy wrote:
    But how are you supposed to wipe the inside of your elbow on your colleagues chair?

best policy is to employ the pneumococcal headlock-of death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

cjt156 wrote:
    best policy is to employ the pneumococcal headlock-of death.
    :D LOL. Brillant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

What ever happened to using a tissue or a hankerchief ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

Yeah, I used sit beside a colleague who would sneeze without covering his mouth, spreading his sh**ty germs everywhere. Once or twice he did it while I was eating my lunch at my desk. Twice I made the obvious move of throwing an almost full sandwich in the bin, hoping he would get the message. He didn't. Scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

no my mouth is mine and you aren't getting it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

cjt156 wrote:
    I've found I do that too; its seems instinctual to bury your face in the crook of your arm when coughing/sneezing, or maybe I'm just a f*cked-up weirdo...

There's a TV ad at the moment in New Zealand teaching kids to 'catch it in your elbow'.

At the start of the ad they have a few examples of knacks coughing and sneezing in other people's faces - the reactions on the faces of the people are quite funny - so are all the little kids doing the right thing and catching it in their elbow.

It's disgusting to get a face full of spittle and whiff of bad breath when a knack sneezes close enough to spray you.

Advertisement