Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Wireless Adapter

• 27-07-2007 9:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,577 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, a buddy of mine asked me for an opinion of which of these wireless adapters would be the best...

http://www.komplett.ie/k/kcp.aspx?sku=334359&sku=322676&sku=315242&sku=329579&sku=336044

I don't really know much about them, they all look similar except for price... Is there any significant difference between the cheapest & most expensive?

Any opinions would be much appreciated...

(also, if this is wrong forum, please move - wasn't sure if i should have put it here or in internet thing)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Any of the Netgear or Dlinks will be fine. Stay well clear of Belkin.
    If he's running Vista make sure there are drivers available on the manufacturers website for the model you choose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Yea, avoid Belkin like the plague.

They are crippled by their terrible drivers, software and just general low quality hardware.

You shouldn't have problems with Netgear or Dlinks as kaizersoze said and linksys are pretty reliable IMO

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Belkin eh.. I got a good few USB Adapters of them. A few broke down beyond repair.. others continue to operate ok. There new N Router is doing well in the reviews!

Advertisement