Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to Eat in Tipperary

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭SARZY

Cosa Nostra Italian Restaurant in Nenagh is nice.

From Nenagh and living in Nenagh and Never heard of this place.
    Does anybody know where it is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 villacud

SARZY wrote: »
    From Nenagh and living in Nenagh and Never heard of this place.
    Does anybody know where it is ?

It's the restaurant above Rocky's pub, now a Chinese

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I don't know if it's been mentioned before but the chinese in Cahir is very nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭RachPie

In Nenagh:

Best Café:The Pantry - can be a bit of a queue here on Saturdays, but the food is all homemade and delicious. Never had a bad meal or even cup of coffee in there & the staff are very accommodating and friendly. Failing that, another nice cafe would be Flynn's Bistro opposite J.K.C.

Best Restaraunt: If you're heading out for a meal in Nenagh, I'd say The Peppermill - it's a bit pricey, but the food is amazing. Pepe's is also lovely, an Italian place.

Best Chinese: I've always found Jade Court to have the nicest staff, but at the same time Tang City has the best deal - all you can eat for 17.99, and the food is also delicious.

Best Fast Food: Subway, if you like that sort of thing. Otherwise, Mamma's Pizzeria does some lovely pizza/chips.

Best Pub Food: The Hibernian is quite good for pub food, nice atmosphere in there and food is lovely.

Hope that helped!

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

The majority of them are a joke but here goes...

The Stand Pub - just opened food mon to fri was in during week - very nice.

Grants Hotel - was in one evening a couple of weeks ago - soup and sambo-can't go wrong, right? NO soup was freezing even after sending it back to re-heat. Sambo bread was stale:confused:. A child could do that right:mad:

The White house - very hit and miss - i like the panini/sambo menu.

Fayre days- OMG the worst place in the town - greasy floors - raw chips - burnt everything else.

Le Serenta - as mentioned before - is very consistently nice - get a bit bored of menu tho!!

Riverside Chinese - very nice most of the time - not a big chinese eater TBH

Rosewood(shopping centre) - way over-priced for a greasy spoon restaurant!!

Racket Hall Hotel - last time i was there the food (carvery) was horrendous - very cold and not cheap! Also staff and management leave a lot to be desired!!(barmen not knowing what drinks are etc)

Please add to my list ...obviously the rest arn't worth a mention in my book!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

shimla indian in thurles. lovely food and lovely service if indian is your thing on friar st coming from square

Agree, love their food take-away or eat in. Very attentive staff nice place for a couple or a group.

There's another indian after opening up just down and around the corner from it think it's called star of india or something along those lines, anyone tried it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭biggles007

The Horse and Jockey Hotel beside motorway.

Great place

Advertisement