Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dyer

Options
  • 27-07-2007 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Accordig to the beeb, we are leading the chase for dyer and have apparently made a 5m bid for him. What do we think ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

when he's good he's very good but how often is that. Overhyped to be honest but aren't they all now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

What I don't understand is where he'd play? When fit he's very good - quick and strong, and a good attacking player, but who's place will he take? I dunno, I'm still hurting after not getting Petrov!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

You won't get much for £5M - not convinced but i like to see people want to play for us. Makes a change from all the kids we are signing anyway. I see Eriksson making that point too - you need experience also to get results

Disappointed in missing out on Petrov too. I love his comment that it was the manager that attracted him. Has Sven left Nancy?

Loolks like City are paying way more per week than us - i see £10k difference mentioned in Mail? i think it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Martin Petrov - 28yrs old and carrying a knee injury.

Did MJ, DL or DC ever express their interest in this player??
    More like his agent was spotted in a london hotel asking Shinawatra & Co. how many 000000's they were gonna give him a season.

The guy doesn't fall under our transfer policy and is just another washed up european star (valued at half the price he was last season by his club) looking for a cushty retirement package.

I acknowledge that he has talent but from the rumours he barely passed his Man City medical im glad we missed out.......

I am quietly confident that the board will bolster the midfield before 11/08.

COYS!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Simple Pieman

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=31627570&postID=272634240055223956

Only one Toon voice but from other comments I detect that the Newcastle support will not be upset to see Dyer leaver. Big Sam despite what he says will always use a situation to his advantage. Dyer peaked at Ipswich.

• Advertisement
Advertisement