Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Westland Peugeot

Options
  • 27-07-2007 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭

I often come across threads relating to bad service (and I regularly contribute them) but threads relating to good service are probably less frequent. So here goes.........

I'd a Peugeot 407 with a recurring problem - lights on dash, loss of power, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah. So I had the car sent to Westland for repairs - the 407 is 2004 so outside of warranty. They took the car in, tested it, kept me informed regularly - I never once had to call them - they called me first, something that is rare from a main dealer service department these days. After some testing they ordered a new turbo charger and a couple of ABS sensors. The parts arrive. Once again they call me and tell me that the car will be ready the next day but they would prefer to test it for a week to verify that all is OK - another rarity. Another call (a week later) telling me that they are finished testing and are satisfied that all repairs are complete and the car is perfect. Great! So I head out to collect it at their service department which is located in Cherry Orchard Industrial Estate. As the keys are handed over I am told that they refuelled the car to allow for the fuel they used during the test drive (I nearly collapsed) and also told me that they left money on the passenger seat to compesate for credit used on EZ Pass the M50 toll bridge. Now that's a first. Then I'm told that Peugoet are covering 70% of the cost of the repairs. I pinched myself and, no, I wasn't dreaming.

So hats off to Westland Peugeot. I've used them plenty of times before and always found them very helpful. But the level of customer service in this place is, based on my most recent experience, exemplary. I'd have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone with a Peugeot.

It could be argued that this level of service is to be expected, and I'd tend to agree, but unfortunately based on my experiences with main dealers nationwide, very few meet the standard that Westland maintain.

\Round of applause for Westland Peugeot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Always nice to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,362 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

crosstownk wrote:

I adjusted the font size for ya :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

That's great...

beacuse a few months ago I brought a 206cc into a different main dealer to get a split wire fixed which was affecting the headlight...

4 days later I got a call to say the engine was out and the dash was off and they hadn't found the split in the wire yet... after freaking out at them for not asking me if they could do that, they found the split and repaired it and they charged me a whopping €670 which I argued over but they wouldn't release the car till I paid at least €570.

No new part, just a minor repair and a bunch of incompetent mechanics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Bought a 2nd hand car from them a few years back (not a Pug, give me some credit ;) ) sales guys were very decent to deal with & went out of their way to address a few minor niggles.
    Of course I was handing over a pile of cash, but some would take it & treat you like dirt too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭scitpo

steve06 wrote:
    That's great...

beacuse a few months ago I brought a 206cc into a different main dealer to get a split wire fixed which was affecting the headlight...

4 days later I got a call to say the engine was out and the dash was off and they hadn't found the split in the wire yet... after freaking out at them for not asking me if they could do that, they found the split and repaired it and they charged me a whopping €670 which I argued over but they wouldn't release the car till I paid at least €570.

No new part, just a minor repair and a bunch of incompetent mechanics.
    I hope you have taken them to the small claims court. Its the best way to combat incompetance like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

scitpo wrote:
    I hope you have taken them to the small claims court. Its the best way to combat incompetance like that.
    No but I did get on to Peugeot Ireland about it. Their view is that is can take a while to find where the wire is split so the hours that the garage charged for were probably correct. yet they didn't want to investigate it... But a friend of mine was buying a new car from them and decided to cancel the order and went to someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

crosstownk wrote:
    I often come across threads relating to bad service (and I regularly contribute them) but threads relating to good service are probably less frequent. So here goes.........

I'd a Peugeot 407 with a recurring problem - lights on dash, loss of power, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah. So I had the car sent to Westland for repairs - the 407 is 2004 so outside of warranty. They took the car in, tested it, kept me informed regularly - I never once had to call them - they called me first, something that is rare from a main dealer service department these days. After some testing they ordered a new turbo charger and a couple of ABS sensors. The parts arrive. Once again they call me and tell me that the car will be ready the next day but they would prefer to test it for a week to verify that all is OK - another rarity. Another call (a week later) telling me that they are finished testing and are satisfied that all repairs are complete and the car is perfect. Great! So I head out to collect it at their service department which is located in Cherry Orchard Industrial Estate. As the keys are handed over I am told that they refuelled the car to allow for the fuel they used during the test drive (I nearly collapsed) and also told me that they left money on the passenger seat to compesate for credit used on EZ Pass the M50 toll bridge. Now that's a first. Then I'm told that Peugoet are covering 70% of the cost of the repairs. I pinched myself and, no, I wasn't dreaming.

So hats off to Westland Peugeot. I've used them plenty of times before and always found them very helpful. But the level of customer service in this place is, based on my most recent experience, exemplary. I'd have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone with a Peugeot.

It could be argued that this level of service is to be expected, and I'd tend to agree, but unfortunately based on my experiences with main dealers nationwide, very few meet the standard that Westland maintain.

Would I be right in saying you work for a fleet managment company?
    Reason I ask is I went to a certain Tyre centre and as soon as I mentioned that I had a car belonging to Leaseplan I got to skip the q and car was seen to straight away and I was given a super service. Brought my g/f's car to the same garage a few weeks later and was treated like something they'd scraped off their shoe.

Point is, Fleet companies give these guys a lot of money so it's only natural that you would be looked after exceptionally well

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Onkle wrote:
    Would I be right in saying you work for a fleet managment company?

Correct.
    Onkle wrote:
    Point is, Fleet companies give these guys a lot of money so it's only natural that you would be looked after exceptionally well

I see your point. But 95% of cars I put through Westland are purely for warranty repairs. We don't even source our new Peugeots from them. And here was a perfectly reasonable opportunity for them to get some money out of me and they still went to the trouble of requesting a contribution from Peugeot!

I deal with dealers accross the country and most of them don't give a toss whether or not I've one car or thousands of cars. Most dealers don't treat fleet companies all that well for a variety of reasons. I've been doing this for years and I went to the trouble of posting about Westland simply because I was impressed by the level of service they offered.

If I want preferential service (which obviously I do) I go to independents that appreciate the business. I find independents a lot more helpful and customer orientated than most dealers.

Just to keep Newtons second law alive:

I've another car in an MSL dealer for the last two weeks. They've no idea whats wrong with it. It's costing in replacement car hire that they are refusing to cover under warranty (they will cover the first two days). I ring today to get an update (because nobody at the dealer will get up off their ass and contact me). I'm told they are waiting on info from 'the factory' :rolleyes: I proceed to explain that I need some definitive progress on this and the service guy hangs up on me!!! I ring back and he tells me he'll hang up again if I don't listen to him!!! Hardly preferential treatment.

There's only a handful of dealers who will offer a high quality of service in this country - no matter how many cars you have.

And as for Advance/Kwik Fit/Fast Fit and the like - yes they'll bump you up the queue. Fleet car = mucho Euro.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Fair play to the OP for praising Westland. Im glad that they seem to have improved their service there as although I haven't been there in over a year IIRC, each and every time I have had dealings with them (herself drives a 206) I left thinking they were idiots and swearing that I wouldn't use them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

crosstownk wrote:
    I've another car in an MSL dealer for the last two weeks. They've no idea whats wrong with it. It's costing in replacement car hire that they are refusing to cover under warranty (they will cover the first two days).

Hi,

At what stage does the cost of the car being off the road outweight the free repair? Or in other words, how long before you pull it out of there and give it to someone who knows what they are about?

I cant understand why every dealer has a few cars they cannot sort out! After all, there are lads working there with the manufacturers emblem on their breast pockets whick makes them experts :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Hi,

At what stage does the cost of the car being off the road outweight the free repair? Or in other words, how long before you pull it out of there and give it to someone who knows what they are about?

The thought has crossed my mind, but this could end up being a new autobox :eek:
    I cant understand why every dealer has a few cars they cannot sort out! After all, there are lads working there with the manufacturers emblem on their breast pockets whick makes them experts :rolleyes:

Oh yes experts indeed!:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Have to say I have found Westland service dept. pretty good also. My better half has a 307 she got in their showroom in Liffey Valley new and she's used the service dept. a few times now. Same as with the OP - they were quick, efficient, kept her informed and - dare I say it - reasonable value for money.

A lot of main dealer service departments could learn a thing or two from them.

As regards the sales dept. - nothing special there, they were pleasant enough to deal overall.

Advertisement