Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting with gerbils?

Options
  • 27-07-2007 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I recently got 2 pet gerbils, my current landlord doesn't know I have them but I am looking for a new house. When moving into a new house should I mention I have gerbils or should I just keep quiet? I mean they are about the size of hamsters, make little noise and no smell and they live in a cage, would most landlords be ok with them?

Thanks

Nala

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Shouldn't be a problem IMO, it's usually only cats and dogs they're worried about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Just don't mention it, they're very easy to hide. I know that might sound a bit immoral, but a lot of landlords will make a fuss over nothing because of the general stereotype irresponsible pet owners have created. I'm sure you're not irresponsible when it comes to caring for your pets, and gerbils aren't going to do a blind bit of harm anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭greenkittie

I had a cat for a year in a rented house and didnt tell the landlord and he never found out and there was no damage done the house. Im sure you will get away with gerbils no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

I once lived with a gerbil but I could never take him seriously. He always had two peanuts in his cheeks and slept all day.

Advertisement