Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenny Henry

Options
  • 27-07-2007 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭

He's doing a gig here soon.
    Is he any use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

No. Don't waste your money. I saw him a while ago, a bit smutty, not a bit funny.

Don't you remember Ricky Gervais, in Extras, in the scene at the BBC Studios, when he was asked to think of a great black comedian? He came up with a few great ones, all American. He was then asked to name a British one. Desperately racking his brains, and looking all around him, he could not come up with a single one.

There was a huge picture of Lenny Henry on the wall of the Studio. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

There was a huge picture of Lenny Henry on the wall of the Studio. :D

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I see.
    I do like Jimmy Carr...and he can be smutty at times.
    I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Well I like all sorts of comedians including smutty ones but Lenny Henry has never come across that well to me tbh. He's too much a part of the establsihed BBC culture these days to really be anarchic in my view. It's like he doesn't want to endanger his cushy position...not that I blame him.

Advertisement