Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best Route Athlone to Bangor, NI.

Options
  • 27-07-2007 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    I'm driving from Athlone to Bangor in Northern Ireland this afternoon and I'm trying to work out the best route.

The best roads would be Athlone-Dublin-M1-Belfast-Bangor. 190 miles

The shortest route is Athlone-Cavan-Monaghan-Armagh-Craigavon-Belfast-Bangor. 156 miles

Or the most direct route looks like: Athlone-Mullingar-Kells-Ardee-Dundalk-M1-Belfast-Bangor. 160 miles

Can anyone recommend which route is the best considering I'm towing a boat

Thanks in advance.

Donie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

take the mulingar route ,,btw what kinda boat ya towin?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

What speed can you travel at ?

Whilst normally i would suggest taking the Motorway route if your speed is restricted to say 60mph max the i would take the most direct route possible i.e your second choice !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭kmb

Is it one of those fancy SB3 BOATS?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

Jaysus, you can't go far without being spotted in this country... Yes it's a Laser SB3 and I'll be towing it with a Black Passat Tdi. It'll do 60 no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭kmb

Hey,Competition will be stiff up there i believe some olympic sailors are doing the event also.
    Guy at work is on his way there now also,places to stay are very few.

Best of luck!!!

Regards,

Kieran

• Advertisement
Advertisement