Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks The 80s - The verdict

Options
  • 27-07-2007 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭

Ok just after finishing this bad boy on medium and i have to say i was a little disappointed. If you thought the covers were bad on GH 1 and 2, then prepare to sink to a new level. From the second you play Quiet Riot you realise how dire it is. Some of the songs aren't even in the right key (something the previous GH games managed to get right, Asia's Heat Of The Moment is a classic example of this but at the same time it was still fun to play.

No bonus tracks either, but i think most of us knew this. Caught In A Mosh by Anthrax was really fun to play as well, and much more fun than Madhouse was on the previous games.

But if this is any indication of what future GH games were gonna be, it's no wonder Activation didn't work with Harmonix on GH3, it just seems development wise, it was a step in the wrong direction.

Thoughts anyone?
    VR!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm not familiar with more three quarters of the songs, so I'm waiting for GH3 and RB.

Thanks for the review though.... sounds like a poor game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yep - I recognise about four of the tracks on the list. Won't be buying I do not think.
    *insert rant about poorness of MOST 80s music here*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I'm kinda glad i waited for a few responses before buying this game as i was dead set on picking it up today.

How much did it cost validreasoning?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Rhyme wrote:
    I'm kinda glad i waited for a few responses before buying this game as i was dead set on picking it up today.

How much did it cost validreasoning?

Gamestop in Santry are retailing it at 40 euro, which is a little unfair price for 30 tracks and no bonuses, even the unlockables are poor, just a few characters and guitars.

I will say this, the appeal does come along a few times after playing it, I'm enjoying playing A Flock Of Seagulls, Asia and Anthrax.

If you're not sure of the tracks, play the 2 GTA Vice City games, a lot of the stuff is on those. But if you know someone who bought it first, i'd definitely recommend trying before you buy.

But that said, it is beginning to grow on me a bit... :)
    VR!

Advertisement