Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway pubs

Options
  • 27-07-2007 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

Am heading to Galway City at the end of August, just wondering what would be a good pub for a group 12 or so 30 something lads. Somewhere with plenty of ladies say ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Going to throw out the usuals here:

King's Head, Living Room, Busker Brownes, The Quays, The Front Door etc.

The other answer (for the lets-not-go-to-the-big-pubs-cause-there-full-of-rednecks/skanger/poseurs crowd):

Neacthains, Taffees, Massimos, Blu Note etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Stranos sounds like the place ye are after.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Stranos sounds like the place ye are after.
    I concur

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Whats the stripe club like? How much is it to get in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

kevmy wrote:
    King's Head, Living Room, Busker Brownes, The Quays, The Front Door etc.
    Go here. That's where all the gangs go.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Biiiizaaaar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭scitpo

Not many pubs will let 30 lads in on a Sat night. Strano's would be hte only one that would be so accomadating for a large group of lads.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

No, it is 12 guys in their 30's.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Yeah Strano's prob the best place for ye....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I love how Stranos keeps popping up in these threads :D:D:D

OP don't mind them, Stranos is a gay bar. If you want to meet ladies head for the Stage Door ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Stage Door or Front Door or Neachtains or Roisín...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mongjaws

go to mixers or docs in westside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Wouldn't recommend either of those last two...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

OP,
    The frist reply to your post probably covered most of the pubs you'd want to be heading to.
    Theres tonnes of other pubs around the city though outside of these few but they would be the most popular.
    The Stage Door, Stranos are predominately gay bars, but in fairness there'd probably be a good selection of ladies there as well.
    Kippy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

the stranos joke will never grow old, i nearly ended up there on the night of a galway beers, i was new to the city and i didnt know of the right pub where it was on. :D

the pubs mentioned in the original reply are all grand, not exactly my favorites, but grand.

Advertisement