Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who are the greatest band in the world right now

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Well, I would not view "Pearl Jam" as a bland and generic album whatsoever.

I thought it was pretty great, not, to maybe their best, but a great album none the less. But, I'm stuck in the 90's so, I'm biased. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

It was OK, but it got really old really fast. They don't even play most of the songs off it live anymore.

I'm stuck in the 90s half the time myself, but I really don't think that album does 90s rock any justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Pearl Jam had 2 good albums; Ten and Versus. After that, they became a very by the numbers, run of the mill band.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Pearl Jam had 2 good albums; Ten and Versus. After that, they became a very by the numbers, run of the mill band.
    I can't believe how you can say that. Just because YOU did not like the later albums, maybe even "post-grungey" albums, doesn't mean they became average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Timans wrote:
    I can't believe how you can say that. Just because YOU did not like the later albums, maybe even "post-grungey" albums, doesn't mean they became average.

I'm speaking from my own perspective, so yes, they did become average.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Ah now, Vitalogy was very good - much of it is cleary very influenced by Husker Du, another band I love.

Yield isn't too bad either.

I'd agree their last album is quite "by-the-numbers" stuff though.

Advertisement