Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus...Ggrrrrr......

Options
  • 27-07-2007 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else in Port have Chorus rather than Sky???

They are driving me insane!! Why is it that every single weekend there has to be some problem or other with at least one of the channels!?

For the last I don't know how many weeks there has been problems!

Gonna get Sky out to fit a dish!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

A friend of mine whom works for Chorus told me they are having terrible problems with "retransmissions" from the Dunmurray transmitter which you will be working off if you are in Portarlington.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

Mine's been fine. i think bbc2 was gone the other day tho for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 laoisgirl

We are getting rid of our Chorus too it is crap - going with Sky as soon as poss.. In fairness I havent had too much trouble other than annoying things like screen freezing etc.. but my sister had no channels for over a week and when she rang they gave some stupid excuse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Oh i got rid of chorus years ago. I am looking at free to air.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

Guys, Chorus are on their last legs with me... I was seriously going to move to Sky 6months ago and said that I would give them another go...

Channels are freezing constantly in Portarlington the last week or two... last night was the pits!!! going to call them and tell them I am moving away unless it's sorted in next week (dont think that will mean anything to them however...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Yep gonna do the same I think.

I'm going to wait and see what offer Sky have on next ~ they normally do a good one for September, then it's see ya sucker to Chorus!!

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

voodoo wrote:
    Guys, Chorus are on their last legs with me... I was seriously going to move to Sky 6months ago and said that I would give them another go...

Channels are freezing constantly in Portarlington the last week or two... last night was the pits!!! going to call them and tell them I am moving away unless it's sorted in next week (dont think that will mean anything to them however...

i haven't noticed anything but then i haven't been watching the box much lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭D Bronc

Hi everyone i just specifically registered to this site to have a rant about Chorus. I have Chorus for about 3 years now (i originally had Sky). I really dont know why i changed coz ive had nothing but trouble with it. I live in Baltinglass, Wicklow so the problems are not just confined to one area, and it only has to rain and the channels are gone. I am DEFINITELY changing back to Sky before the winter comes back, i cant stand another long and dark winter with no television. The channels are gone most of the winter but they are still quick enough to send their bill every month, so basically we are paying for a service that Chorus, in all fairness are not really providing. I know Sky might have problems too sometimes but not near as often as Chorus do. And at least with Sky you know when it rains that your telly is going to work. A lot more i could say but i dont think is printable. I sympatise with anyone who has Chorus, i know how you all feel. Chorus have had plenty of opportunity to provide a better service but have failed to do so, at the end of the day Chorus will be the biggest loser of all.:mad: Phew glad i got that out of my system.

DID IT!!!

No more Chorus.....got Sky with my own pretty dish hanging out of the house! Can even set the Sky+ with my mobile if i forget to record something!

Problem is...I didn't want to get out of bed on Sunday cos I was hooked on crap LOL!! Dog the Bounty Hunter! What's that all about!!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Peter Walczak

How is it? One TV-Set per one Sky decoder? If I'd like to have few TVs at home I'd have to have several boxes?

• Advertisement

Yes officially it is Peter. We got a Sky+ box and a normal box. However we have 5 tv's...I know, I know :rolleyes: My hubby is a bit of a McGyver and a gadget freak so he has linked the tv's to the various boxes and also set things up so that we can still change channels in every room via some infrared thing or other.

I do know that you can buy video senders from Argos and the like that would do the same job though..

Advertisement