Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heartburn

Options
  • 27-07-2007 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

hi all back again.

since you've all been very helpful i'll put another question to you,I have been getting heartburn very badly lately and was wondering if rennies or gaviscon is safe to take while pregnant just a bit worried about taking something like this,but have seen pregnant friends taking them but don't want to harm the baby.:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

If you are unsure even after reading the lables you should check with your dr or chemist.

Personally I drank nearly as much gaviscon as milk while pregnant and always had fruit flavoured rennies in my bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Deadevil129

Rennies are fine for pregnant women. It says on the back of the packet that they can relieve indigestion during pregnancy.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I ate lots of Gaviscon tablets when I was pregnant. My pharmacist had no problem with me taking them. But if in doubt, ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭SarahMc

Personally I drank nearly as much gaviscon as milk while pregnant and always had fruit flavoured rennies in my bag.

Me too, and did you have a baby with full hair? I proved the myth true.

Try to figure out what is giving you heartburn. For me it was tomatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

I had stashes of bottles of Gaviscon all over the place when I was pregnant. In the car, on the bedside locker, in my desk drawer at work etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

I used Lemon-flavoured Gaviscon tablets for the last few months of my pregnancy and had doctor's blessing. Yes, baby had full head of hair!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭RIRI

I drank gavison by the bucketload but babs was as bald as a coote!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Woof

There is a special Gaviscon for pregnant women. Ask your chemist or doctor.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

SarahMc wrote:
    Me too, and did you have a baby with full hair? I proved the myth true.

Try to figure out what is giving you heartburn. For me it was tomatoes.
    Everything seemed to give me heartburn. Even milk!

And my little girl had a head of black hair.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

KtK wrote:
    Everything seemed to give me heartburn. Even milk!

And my little girl had a head of black hair.:)

Nah, I never got any heartburn and Noah was born with lots of hair. It has been cut 3 times so far!

• Advertisement
Advertisement