Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TR1 form: "When did business activity commence?"

Options
  • 27-07-2007 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I need some advice.

I started doing odd jobs back in 2005. As I wasn't recieveing much work, I didn't register for tax.

I didn't register for tax in 2006 either as I was still not earning very much.

This year I have earned almost €10,000 - I unexpectadly recieved tons of work. I have filled out a TR1 form for Sole Trader.

I'm not sure what to fill out for "When did business activity commence?". If I put Jan 2005, will I need to pay tax for 2005/2006? Or should I just put Jan 2007?

These are my earning so far:

2005: €1,500
    2006: €3,000
    2007: €9,500

If I put Jan 2007 as business start date, will they chase me for invoices paid in 05/06?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭JoeTurner

Hi Thuirt,

Just sent you a pm with some suggestions - hope it helps

Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

This is the sort of question that people don't want to ask the revenue, because asking it attracts attentionto yourself.

I was in a similar aisuation and and couldn't decide what to to, eventually I wrote 01/07/07 as the commencement date.

Advertisement