Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wap/mms settings for m600i

• 27-07-2007 7:24pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have tried and tried to set up my shiny m600 for mms and wap but no success. Can't d/l the settings from the sony ericsson website, and sony customer care said to contact my network provider. So i called meteor and got on to a nice young chap who tried but still no luck.

WAP
    When i go to set up a new data account i get the following headings:
    Account name
    Address
    username and password required (check box)
    Usernane
    password

if i tap more i get the following options:
    Proxy - checkbox for proxy server and spaces to fill in server address, server port and exceptions

TCPIP:
    IP config - drop down (automatically/ipv4) and space for ip addy
    ip dns addy - drop down (automatically/ipv4) and space for primary and secondary dns addys

MMS
    Service centre addy
    internet account (set up to be the above wap account)
    auto download (dropdown menu w/ on, off and home network only)
    size restrictions.

advanced settings include validitiy period and delivery reports

I have tried popping in the various settings on the sticky thread but i can't make them fit into the stupid heading that sony have given to the account options.

All help appreciated cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

WAP
    When i go to set up a new data account i get the following headings:
    Account name : meteor wap
    Address : wap.mymeteor.ie
    if that doesn't work try http://wap.mymeteor.ie

username and password required (check box)
    Usernane : my
    password : wap

if i tap more i get the following options:
    Proxy - checkbox for proxy server and spaces to fill in server address, server port and exceptions

proxy address: 010.085.085.085
    proxy port number: 8799

TCPIP:
    IP config - drop down (automatically/ipv4) and space for ip addy : ipv4, leave address blank
    ip dns addy - drop down (automatically/ipv4) and space for primary and secondary dns addys: ip v4, leave blank

MMS
    Service centre addy : mms.mymeteor.ie
    or try http://mms.mymeteor.ie, most likely the latter
    internet account (set up to be the above wap account)

it shouldn't be the above wap account. create a new one called meteor mms, with everything the same except mms.mymeteor.ie instead of wap.mymeteor.ie

edit:also, ring meteor and get them to confirm that you're provisioned for wap and mms. can you use wap and mms from a different phone?

I'm not sure that it will work on meteor. I use mine with vodafone and downloaded the settings from sony ericssons UK site. It doesn't seem to be supported very well in Ireland. Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i had wap and mms no hassle on another phone.

tried those settings, same as usual it doesnt pick up the mms. it flashes up a little connection icon that promptly disappears and it tells me that it wont d/l the message

Advertisement