Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Shower or Thermostatic Shower

Options
  • 27-07-2007 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi,

I am currenlty putting in a new shower and have installed a Triton T90si shower but i also installed a shower pump on the bath and show taps, but now thinking a thermostatic shower from the water cisterm may be better. What are you opinons ? Electric or Pumped.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,154 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved to DIY

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

A certain amount of the decision is personal taste. I originally installed a Mira Elite 2 pumped electric shower in the main bathroom but found that the output was disappointing compared to the thermostatic shower in the en-suite fed off a pump from the hot tank. Luckily the shower enclosure in the bathroom backs onto the hotpress so it was easy to feed a thermostatic shower by branching off the feed to the en-suite. I left the electric shower in place so that it is available if there is no tank of hot water (just need to swap over the pipe for the shower head from one to another).

It's certainly more expensive for me to run the thermostatic shower as I'm heating the tank with an immersion every morning and it uses more water than an instant electric aswell so this would be an additional cost whenever water metering is introduced.

If your looking for a thermostatic shower I'm sure I saw one advertised for the coming week in either Aldi or Lidl, but can't find it on their websites. It's probably in Aldi this Sunday as they are also advertising a shower head on the website. Maybe someone with the brochures can confirm.

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement