Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

skyline service and insurance

Options
  • 27-07-2007 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

am looking ahead of time for a garage that could be recommended for skylines ( i live between kilkenny and carlow but i might travel if it was worth it ) ---
    and what about a main dealer ??

also i phoned my insurance company and they didnt seem to understand skylines at all - they seemed to classify all skylines the same (400bhp gtr's) - any recomendations

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ctc_celtic

try www.racershaven.com, for finding a good garage. there's a good few skyline owners on there, most from the munster and surrounding areas.
    defiantly would not go to a main dealer, they have little knowledge about cars that weren't sold from there dealership. a independent that has worked on other skyline is your best best bet.
    but for servicing and general maintenances, any good mechanic will be able to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Chonker

Yea lots of good small garages out there will do the work for you, Unless you are after a 400bhp monster most garages can deal with the various Skyline engines.

I doubt your insurance company or any for that matter are basing their quotes on a GTR being 400Bhp.

You are right though when I was looking to insure mine, they didnt know Nissan built a 2.5 non turbo all they had was GTR.. GTT and 2.0 GT.. I just called it a Gt and they set up a new class on the system. Although not every company is going to take you on there are lots now who deal with Skylines.

Advertisement