Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC to Mac compatibility?

Options
  • 27-07-2007 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Does Anyone know If I design something in Quark on a PC and later bring it into Quark on a Mac will it distort or be ok?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Hi Jess,

No, it won't 'distort' though you may have problems opening it they're different versions - version 7 won't open with version 6 etc...

Biggest problem you are likely to come accross is the whole mac/pc font problem. Does the file have yo be modified on the mac, if not then supply a press ready pdf = no font issues, so long as you kow what you're doing.

Text may reflow depending on hypenation rules on each machine etc

Best advice i can give you: send over a page NOW to see if they can open it rather than doing any more work only to find it won't work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 *Jess*

thanks a mill, I'll try that so ;)

Advertisement