Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spam/Adverts (Waterford Forum)

Options
  • 27-07-2007 9:55pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey.

A good few months back to night clubs were using the Waterford Forum to advertise up coming events. I cant recall who, but one of the SMods ( I think ) removed the adverts and banned the accounts. Thing is, one of these clubs has started again and doesn't seem to understand what's wrong with what he is doing. He says he is "discussing" the events, but all he is doing is advertising the club and the events. There is no discussion..

The Waterford moderator (flamegrill) is the mod for the south east but is never active on the Waterford forum. The post was reproted yesterday, but I haven't noticed him/her posting there in some time so I doubt he will get it. He is rarely needed anyway. Normally all is above order :)

Any chance of someone taking a look?

Cheers
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sully for Mod! :)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sorted out. Any volunteers for Waterford moderator?:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I dont mind who gets it, heck ill do it if im asked.

Its a great forum and most people stick to the charter and use it fairly. Get the odd person who doesnt and I seem to come here to get it sorted when reporting the post doesnt work :P

Its a big task for flamegrill to manage the whole of the South East, it should be split up into different mods for each county. (just my opinion)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Hmm. I did ask for that to be looked into when there was a brief brouhaha that I had to step in on as s-mod. Will go bother the admins about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I remember oldyellar saying she'd be willing to have a go at it.

Sully's a good call for the job too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Thanks Trotter. There was a vote or something a few months back from flame about who we want as moderator - twas a good while ago but nothing materialised.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Funny, im actually banned from the Waterford forum for being an ejit and ive posted in the helpdesk forum about it! I really want to be unbanned cause I dont want to make another account, I wouldn't mind being moderator I know I dont stand a chance cause ive been banned but like hmm I dunno I feel I could do it anyway!

OMG I JUST REALISED I CAN SUBSCRIBE TO BOARDS LOL. Ive a credit card with paypal lol :D

NAME CHANGE HERE I COME LOL

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

O...Kay...

Moving on from that interesting post.. I dont think iv seen you on the Waterford forum? How long you banned?

Thats cos he's changed his name!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

sully for mod; His name stands out to me for some reason, so I persume I've had some form of run in with him, yet he's not on my muppet list, therefore he passes the boston test for mod ship.

• Advertisement

Boston: Politics :D We debated (at least I think we did) about FF running for government and stuff during the General Election. I think it ended peacefully. But I always win :P

mike65 wrote:
    Thats cos he's changed his name!

Mike.

Ahhh.. Fair enough!

Ive been banned the best part of a year id say

at 1st I desevered it then I wanted back in, posted in helpdesk and they told me to pm the mod which I did and got no reply so I posted in helpdesk again the other day and still got not reply on that!

A-ha! Did you get banned due to a bit of a tiff regarding skateboarding on the Quay and the RSC skatepark? I recall a big arguement.

Mike.

Ah that was probably the most hostile argument on that forum!

But ya, flamegrill doesnt seem to respond to PMs/Reported Posts by the look. She/he was online yesterday (according to the profile). Strange!

mike65 wrote:
    A-ha! Did you get banned due to a bit of a tiff regarding skateboarding on the Quay and the RSC skatepark? I recall a big arguement.

Mike.

Yea that was the one! I must say I did go a bit bananas in there abusing people and what not! I acted a tool! Im over it now though and just would like to be left back in! Ive learned my lesson basically!

DeafVision: Sorry, but Boards requires a medical report stating your OK before they can remove a ban.

Skaters rule and all that :P

I'd like an admission too that tearing up the seats on the plaza with a skateboard is no different to doing it with a screwdriver. :rolleyes:

OH NO! Can open.. Worms.. EVERYWHERE!! :p

Sully wrote:
    DeafVision: Sorry, but Boards requires a medical report stating your OK before they can remove a ban.

Skaters rule and all that :P

I dont get you? Are you trying to take the piss outa me? lol I think someone is :P
    Trotter wrote:
    I'd like an admission too that tearing up the seats on the plaza with a skateboard is no different to doing it with a screwdriver. :rolleyes:

OH NO! Can open.. Worms.. EVERYWHERE!! :p

Oh god I agree vandalism is wrong and by skateboarding down there thats what im doing, all though im glad im not one of the many people that cover it in graffiti which imo is alot worse than what were doing! I think the plaza has died down in becoming "the place" in waterford for skating now! We more or less skate in carparks now I think everyone is bored of it! anyway.. Just skateboarding is something I love and something im not going to stop doing, ive been doing it the last 6 years! Thank god they finally have a proper concrete park down in the park which should be finished the end of this month :) It looks amazing if you havnt seen it already?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Would agree the forum needs a mod.

IIRC, I PM'd Flamegrill the last time that skateboarding incident came up, asking if he needed a moderator & don't remember getting a reply.

Would agree Sully would be a good mod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Looks like its a straight up duel between Sully and Pighead for the honour of becoming Waterford Mod. To be honest, either of us would be brilliant choices so the lads and lassies who post in the forum are in a win win situation.

Best of luck Sully.

Pighead for Deise mod - you know it makes no sense! :D

Mike.

The wexford forum gets a bit of spam as well.. have reported a couple of posts to flamegrill but got no response.

I put it down to me being anal about it!

I have better campaign managers Pighead. You cant compete against my team. They could get George W re-elected anytime (even tho his term is, terribly, coming to an end </sarcasm>).. (there that good!) :D

I suggest Sully you take this over to the moderators forum and get it sorted asap.

I have my wonders about the potential "difficulties" in the Waterford forum with the thread giving out about you know who.

You have my vote.. Just get the attention of the Admins, get the job, and get some common sense back into the forum.

Hey,

Ah dont be fooled by the HMod status - thats a different moderator forum (much quieter) so I dont have main access to bring it up. However, I have been told the admins are aware - just waiting for a decision. :)

Ill be away for a week from today, so we will see how things are on my return. :)

Sully wrote:
    Hey,

Ah dont be fooled by the HMod status - thats a different moderator forum (much quieter) so I dont have main access to bring it up. However, I have been told the admins are aware - just waiting for a decision. :)

Ill be away for a week from today, so we will see how things are on my return. :)

Enjoy the break so Sully... I hope the weather is glorious wherever you're off to. Bstrd.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Trotter wrote:
    I have my wonders about the potential "difficulties" in the Waterford forum with the thread giving out about you know who.

Have been thinking that myself.

Sully for mod!

Trotter wrote:
    Enjoy the break so Sully... I hope the weather is glorious wherever you're off to. Bstrd.

I have returned. Parents & Sister own an apartment out in Lanzarote, so myself and friends went out for a week. Twas a great laugh! :) I believe ye had excellent weather here while I was gone? :P

Swinging back on topic.. Any decision made on new moderator, or if flame will return and moderate? :)

• Advertisement

Sully wrote:
    I have returned. Parents & Sister own an apartment out in Lanzarote, so myself and friends went out for a week. Twas a great laugh! :) I believe ye had excellent weather here while I was gone? :P

Swinging back on topic.. Any decision made on new moderator, or if flame will return and moderate? :)

Couldnt tell ya what the weather is like.. I've been studying for exams for the past 2 weeks. No change since ya left from what I can gather.

Advertisement