Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mondeo: Built In GPS

Options
  • 28-07-2007 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭

hey,

Im looking at a Mondeo and it has an inbuilt GPS in the dash. I know with normal GPS the maps can be up dated easily, can it be done with in built systems? Would a maindealer have tp do it? Also does anyone know what maps Ford uses and are the any good? Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think they're usually DVD based

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Pep

Does this mean the dvd will have to be in for the GPS to work? Is there an option to load it up and put a cd back in?

Also does it have to be a specfic brand of GPS maps or will any do?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Normally dvd-based sat nav systems have a separate dvd drive hidden away somewhere, rather than using the car audio system for it. Typically for map updates you have to get them from the manufacturer's dealer network.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Stephen wrote:
    Typically for map updates you have to get them from the manufacturer's dealer network.
    Or eBay.;)

I can't find any on ebay. How much would maps cost? The car is from the UK and Im not sure if any Ford dealers here would have maps for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Pep wrote:
    I can't find any on ebay. How much would maps cost? The car is from the UK and Im not sure if any Ford dealers here would have maps for it.
    Here's one on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-Satellite-Navigation-DVD-DENSO-GPS-Sat-Nav-disc_W0QQitemZ290141699767QQihZ019QQcategoryZ139824QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Any Ford dealer will be able to supply maps, just call them for a price.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Pep: Normally the one set of maps should cover all of western europe, so it should be the same as what UK dealers have.

when I went to see the car it didnt have the dvd for the maps so if I buy it I will have to get them myself. I'll give a ford dealer a shout about it.

Advertisement