Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

crewcab

Options
  • 28-07-2007 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

In business and vat registered and looking to buy a crewcab:)

Any recommendations?

Will be the kids taxi most of the time:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

folkswagen wrote:
    Hyundai Getz CRDi?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭otis

folkswagen wrote:
    In business and vat registered and looking to buy a crewcab:)

Any recommendations?

Nissan Navara LE. Traded a Landcruiser for one 6 weeks ago and I couldn't recommend it highly enough. Plenty of power, space, equipment and a decent drive. As long as you dont expect it to handle like a sports car you will be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭folkswagen

Cheers OTIS, I'll have a look:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

tsk, tsk ...

I'm disappointed that you even have to ask the question. :D:D:D

For you there should be only one crewcab:

Syncro-Doka1.jpg

@Peasant :D:D:D Very nice:)

And I have one simliar to that (not AS nice of course;) )

I want to replace my golf plus with a vehicle that can do some towing and transporting etc but still be quite comfy for day to day use:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭BrianD3

The only crew cab that I have personal experience of is the previous model Mitsubishi L200. A terrible vehicle on road. Brakes, handling, grip, ride and turning circle are all appalling.

I hear that the Hilux and Navara are better however.

Have only looked at brochures yet but hope to get testdrives organised next week:D - thre seem to be so many "extras" needed for these crewcabs - tommeau covers, liners, hard tops etc:eek: ....would like to get to test drive and get a quote for the vehicle with required "extras":)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think the Nissan Navara is probably the best value crewcab available out there at the moment. A neighbour of mine has one and it looks and feels more car like than commerical.

Also Mitsubishi recently launched an all new L200 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Brother bought an Isuzu D4Max. Haven't seen it yet but he says that the tax will only be €250 as its a commercial vehicle. The regular tax on a 2 litre is approx €520.

just checked out the isuzu so it looks like that is another to be test driven next week. So far, Navara and d-max are in the running:) Thanks for your replies:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭jo.king

folkswagen wrote: »
    just checked out the isuzu so it looks like that is another to be test driven next week. So far, Navara and d-max are in the running:) Thanks for your replies:)

Hi Folkswagen - did you ever end up going with the Navara - im thinking of getting one myself now and could do with a few opinions? Thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

jo.king wrote: »
    Hi Folkswagen - did you ever end up going with the Navara - im thinking of getting one myself now and could do with a few opinions? Thanks...

I have an old model Navara and it's handling is certainly more 'car-like' than most others in this class. It can also handle the rough stuff - have driven it over very rough terrain.

Reliability OK so far...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

I have the new model Mitsubishi L200... definetly the most car-like pick-up yet... so spacious and handles like an SUV

feel free to PM me if you want to know more..

http://www.carpages.co.uk/mitsubishi/mitsubishi-l200-review-part-1-24-04-07.asp

http://www.whatcar.com/car-review/mitsubishi-l200-pick-up/844/

Advertisement