Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wesley Shockers..

• 28-07-2007 1:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭

I just hit Abrakebabra in Donnybrook for a very satisfying cheese an garlic chips and ( I was very hungry..) a quarter pounder. As I was queuing for my sustinance, I sidled up to the friendly looking young man beside me and started a bit of banter. Wesley seemed to have been on tonight, so I was like, 'any craic?' And all charming smiles as he was (I think I should point out here that I'm 26..) ... he said 'meh.. it's usually much fuller on a saturday..' and I twigged remembering that young wesley used to be of a Friday.. so I asked this guy what age he was.... he was 14. Of course I did what you'd obviously do and go 'NOOOOOOOO... I'd effin swear you're 17 at least...!' before scurrying off to my mate t to rain on her a tirade of shock and horror... but then I started to recall what I used to get up to when I was 14...:eek: Still though, you think your invincible at that age don't you?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

I was invincible at that age. Not as invincible as I am now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

so you chatted up a 14 year old?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

:confused: were you drinking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭onechewy

Utter invincibility... i could down 10+ pints in a night then.. i'd be hospitalised if I tried that now...

I must say though, I was pretty impressed with the state of all the heads in Abrakebabras, manners left right and centre, and not a messy one between them.

Then this @40 year old russian dude came in with 3 birds completlely blinged out of it so we felt like mingers and did a legger.

D4 isn't a lost cause yet though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭onechewy

JoseJones wrote:
    :confused: were you drinking?

er... yeah. previous to going to chipper though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Jaysus I used to be bullet proof in my younger days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

onechewy wrote:
    I must say though, I was pretty impressed with the state of all the heads in Abrakebabras, manners left right and centre, and not a messy one between them.

That was still early days mate, you shoulda went back at 3am with a video camera, thats when the fun starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

onechewy wrote:
    I just hit Abrakebabra in Donnybrook for a very satisfying cheese an garlic chips and ( I was very hungry..) a quarter pounder. As I was queuing for my sustinance, I sidled up to the friendly looking young man beside me and started a bit of banter. Wesley seemed to have been on tonight, so I was like, 'any craic?' And all charming smiles as he was (I think I should point out here that I'm 26..) ... he said 'meh.. it's usually much fuller on a saturday..' and I twigged remembering that young wesley used to be of a Friday.. so I asked this guy what age he was.... he was 14. Of course I did what you'd obviously do and go 'NOOOOOOOO... I'd effin swear you're 17 at least...!' before scurrying off to my mate t to rain on her a tirade of shock and horror... but then I started to recall what I used to get up to when I was 14...:eek: Still though, you think your invincible at that age don't you?

Shame, shame, shame!!!!!

You were in Abrakebabra???? :mad:

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭Lazare

onechewy wrote:

So sorry to annoy you with you being hungover and all, but your story seems to be devoid of any point, and as a consequence I've wasted three valuable minutes of my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

I agree, the op should be site banned for posting such drivel...

• Advertisement

onechewy wrote:

WTF,, If only I could have the time it took to read this back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Orange69 wrote:
    I agree, the op should be site banned for posting such drivel...
    how about execution instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Seriously, how can anyone mistake a 14 yr old lad for 17 :confused:
    Maybe with the women not the lads surely :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I got served when I was 14.
    Granted the laws were less strict back then, but it does happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Who, what or where TF is Wesley?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Terry wrote:
    I got served when I was 14.
    Granted the laws were less strict back then, but it does happen.

Same, and I was only 14 two years ago.

It's a teenage disco that's held twice a week, every week in the Old Wesley Rugby Club in Donnybrook. It's been subject to a fair bit of controversy over the past few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

That still does not explain WTF the op is blathering on about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Wesley = "teenage" disco in the southside which tends to consist of filthy stories of young wans getting up to no good.

They did a report on it on the Late Late show a while back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Orange69 wrote:
    That still does not explain WTF the op is blathering on about?
    They seem to be some sort of Abrakebabra shill that likes children...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

"Wesley shockers"?

ffs I was expecting pics of some scantily clad 15 yr old ladies ala The Sunday World. What i got was a story about a burger and chips. Not even a story.
    Most misleading thread title ever ftw. OP could write tabloid headlines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,921 ✭✭✭✭looksee

MODS!! this is a dublin story, move it to the dublin forum.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

just avoid donnybrook on friday and saturday nights, there not a whole lot there anyway:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

ah the memories.. circa 97/98... the rockies in blackrock and trying to get served in the playright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Xylem

14 was the average age when I went .

In the queue, some gum chewing rent -a -scum/bouncer would put you in the under age line.

10 mins later when they needed more money, you were in. Much to your shame, and laughter of your friends. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement