Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny County/City forums

Options
  • 28-07-2007 1:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭

I've no strong feelings as such about the setting up of county specific forums per se but there's no need for separate forums for Kilkenny county and Kilkenny City. There's a thread in the Kilkenny County forum asking if it can be merged with the city one. I for one don't think it's a bad idea.

There's a similar sentiment in Waterford but I'll leave them to fight their own battles LOL
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The Waterford County is a dead duck.

Best merging them and getting "Waterford City & County".

I cant imagine that forum taking off, there is very little discussion to be had outside the city :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Speaking as Kilkenny City mod, I agree. No need for two separate forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I think it's a good idea to merge them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

This relates to a relatively new idea of Cloud's.

I think it's worth giving it a go for a while and see how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

There's no logical reason for Kilkenny to be split up into two separate regions. Even though Kilkenny City's defined as being a city, in reality it's nothing more than a county town. I don't see separate forums for the likes of Tullamore and Offaly, for example. There's no difference to be honest.

The old Kilkenny forum wasn't the busiest in the world but in comparison to the county forum as it is now, it was a hivebed of activity. The busiest thread on the County Kilkenny board is asking to be merged with the City one lest it dies due to inactivity.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Firetrap wrote:
    Even though Kilkenny City's defined as being a city, in reality it's nothing more than a county town.

You from Kilkenny? I don't think iv came across a Kilkenny person saying such a comment. Normally they defend the title :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

This is the Feedback forum. Whether the county idea is good or bad, one shouldn't go looking for the busiest thread after the forum has been around for a few days for concrete evidence of success. He's simply sticking his nose in and taking the opportunity to talk ****e.

Advertisement