Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rvd/michaels

• 28-07-2007 2:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭

So does any one know whats going on with these two? I heard stories that RVD was heading for TNA? is this true? When will Michaels be back?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

scrawnban wrote:
    So does any one know whats going on with these two? I heard stories that RVD was heading for TNA? is this true? When will Michaels be back?

RVD is basically taking an extended break from all of wrestling. I haven't heard any news lately on Michaels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I think Shawn is scheduled to be back by next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Micheals should retire

Micheals should retire

Because?.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

Because?.....

He's older has had 2 or 3 serious near career ending injuries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

hes also one of ,if not the best performer on the roster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

krudler wrote:
    hes also one of ,if not the best performer on the roster

True but it would be better for him to retire then end up like flair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

ec18 wrote:
    True but it would be better for him to retire then end up like flair

At least Flair can still pull off decent matches at his age, which is more that can be said for the likes of RVD, Randy Orton, Snitsky and Khali.

VR!

ec18 wrote:
    He's older has had 2 or 3 serious near career ending injuries

And at age 40, he's arguably up until his injury, been their best wrestler. He should retire when he wants to but I'd hope for his families sake he comes out of it with as much health as you can after 20 odd years in wrestling.

I'd say enjoy him while you still can and that goes for Flair too. Wrestlers like Michaels and Flair don't come along often.

I'd say enjoy him while you still can and that goes for Flair too. Wrestlers like Michaels and Flair don't come along often.

As much as i hate to say this about a Richard Simmons advocate, but he's not wrong!

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 lw

It proves that the WWE dosent think the younger guys coming through are good enough to take the places of wrestlers who are way past their prime if they have to rely on wrestlers who hit thier peak 10-15 years ago. Its not the fault of HBK or Flair if this is the case because they can still cut promo's as good as anyone else and still get the pop that they have enjoyed for years even if they cant move as easily as they have done in the past

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

lw wrote:
    It proves that the WWE dosent think the younger guys coming through are good enough to take the places of wrestlers who are way past their prime if they have to rely on wrestlers who hit thier peak 10-15 years ago. Its not the fault of HBK or Flair if this is the case because they can still cut promo's as good as anyone else and still get the pop that they have enjoyed for years even if they cant move as easily as they have done in the past

They're not relying on old wrestlers though, they're relying on the likes of Cena, Orton and Lashley. Flair can still cut brilliant promos, but when was the last time he got a chance to? His feud with Carlito started because of a great promo but that was the only one he did while he was with him

lw wrote:

It's certainly not the fault of HBK and Flair if they can have better matches than the younger talent, even at their current age. As for HBK being past his prime? He's 40! Bret Hart was 40 at the time he got his 5th WWE championship at Summerslam 97! Was he "past his prime"?

Hogan was 41 when he won his 5th title at Wrestlemania IX! Was he past his prime, eventhough three years after that, he was a huge part of the NWO, a faction that would change the face of pro wrestling in the 90s?

In 2005, Ric Flair and HHH had a series of matches that blew anything Undertaker, Orton, Cena and Lashley have done since that time out of the water. It's not a case that WWE doesn't THINK the younger guys are good enough, the facts speak for themselves in my opinion.

VR!

Agreed 100%.
    Younger wrestlers should be busting a gut to impress because the likes of Flair, Undertaker .. etc arn't going to last forever so the future will be bright if the likes of Hardy, Kennedy and Orton are really given a good run at some big titles.

Btw, by saying hbk was past his prime, I meant past his very best. He's still a top class performer if he can sort his injuries but when you hit 40 youre not going to be bouncing around the ring anymore.

Athletically Michaels is past his peak but he makes up for it in many way to the point I enjoy him more now than I did when he was in his prime.

Its a bit like an old singer. They mightn't be able to quite hit the notes like they used to but in a way you like or admire them even more than when they were in their prime.

Even if he's past his high flying days of the rockers his technical abilities are still class and he should be taking the likes of Lashley aside and showing him how to do a promo properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Michaels past his peak is still better than most wrestlers at their peak. I would love to see another feud between Undertaker and Micheals before they both decide to pack it in.

Advertisement