Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Going to a hairdresser with messy hair

• 28-07-2007 10:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭

A combination of being totally broke and oddly busy means that I've totally neglected my hair for the past few months. It's gotten quite long, its not as shiny as it used to be and it won't stay straight for more than a day. This morning, when I woke up, I realised just how bad it's gotten and so I'm going straight to a hairdresser after work today.

BUT here's the thing - usually when I go to a hairdresser, I make sure my hair is straight and shiny. And my hair today most definitely isn't. It's quite curly and tousled. And by tousled, I mean a little messy...

So basically, is it ok to go in to a hairdresser with not-great hair? Do hairdressers hate people who do that? Is it considered rude to do it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

Stargal wrote:
    So basically, is it ok to go in to a hairdresser with not-great hair? Do hairdressers hate people who do that? Is it considered rude to do it?

I don't know, and frankly I don't give a fiddler's ****. They charge enough so they should be prepared to accept people no matter what state their hair is in, and if they don't like it they can lump it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

Isn't it their job to take hair that isn't in the best condition or looking great and make it look better or great?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

yeah i dont bother making it look great.whats the point?theyre only going to change it anyway.its their job to make it look good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

considering the amount they charge, i always make a point of going in when my hair is at its worst. usually its a case of i wake up one morning, and decide that its just gone too far, and i head straight to the hairdressers.
    whats the point in doing half their job for them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I always try and have nice hair going in. It's just very intimidating!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Hairdressers should really choose the way they cut your hair according to the type of hair you have. Certain cuts suit naturally curly/kinky hair more than straight hair. You might actually get a better cut if you go as you are (that is curly).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Thanks for that everyone - made me realise that it is pretty dumb to be worried about it. Got a great cut in the end, so all the fretting was for nothing:)

Chilly, I completely agree with you, but my hair isn't really curly; when i blowdry it goes straight, but when it's left alone, it goes kinda wavey. This is usually grand, but because it had been so long since I'd cut it, it had gotten a lot more wavey than usual. It's not like I'm wrestling the straightner every day trying to get my hair to do something that it won't usually do:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭~nop~

It's generally best to go in with your hair looking however you generally wear it. Better for the hairdresser to know what they're actually dealing with, than it being messier or specially done up. That way they can get it just right :D

Advertisement