Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 elite price and release

• 28-07-2007 10:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Well as you may or may not know the new argos catalogue arrived out today. But we have had the catalogues in store for over a week. I am a weekend team leader in argos and during cat launch i receive memos and letters on errors in the book or information on hot new products etc.

The 360 elite will be arriving in store september this year. It is a slick black containing a 120gb hard drive. This package will cost €400 euros.

First bundle is get either forza or colin mcrae dirt with the console for 450 euros.

BTw im not advertising just informing people on whats coming out.

So this WILL be available come September.

The memo also said the console conatains the new cooling system that eliminates the 3 red rings default.

It also said Argos will continue to replace xboxs in store and not resort to having customers send them back to microsoft themselves.

Other xbox notes are release dates and prices for gtaIV and halo3. GTAiv will be available from october while halo 3 will be available from september unless manafacturers delay.

Price will be €59.99.

Just thought id update you folks.

And in regards HDTVS. There is now a massive selection of hd tvs, most eye catching is a 26inch hdtv for 399.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

IMO that's a great price for the elite. Be interesting to see how much the premium is then.

Just had a quick check over on play.com but they still have it priced at €510.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

Im not saying your wrong. But the Argos website has it as €499. I hope your price is the correct onehttp://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=30001&langId=-1&catalogId=1500000801&productId=1500103991&clickfrom=name
    Why will you not have it on Aug 24th?

Oh I think I read your post wrong. Are you saying its a mistake in the catalogue and you recieved a memo saying its €400?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

sounds good if the price is right and it has the new cooling system ,although i think i'll play a wait and see game and see what price the premium drops to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Not a chance of them selling it for 400 euros, its meant to be about £350 in the UK. And this is argos who were selling (are they still?) the normal premium 360 for over the RRP (think it was 410/425 euros for ages, while it was the sold for rrp in the uk) . New Catolgue = New Price Increases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭stev2604

How much will the 120GB HDD be on its own?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Clover wrote:
    it has the new cooling system

No, it won't have ''the new cooling system''.

The Elite will still use the same 90nm core as the the other 360s currently on the market. At the end of the year all 360s will come with the new 65nm core which will generate less heat because of the less resistance of electron flow in the 65nm core. Same cooling system but it does not have to work as hard.

The Elite is still as likely the get the RROD failure as the other 360s.

It probably means that they all have the extra heatsink installed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

stev2604 wrote:
    How much will the 120GB HDD be on its own?

its a 139.78 on play asia

its 499 in the new catalogue, now thats a shock

Any bargain in Argos is for junk/old stock. Those cheap hdtv's probably have world class manufacturers such as Bush, Goodmans, Acoustic Solutions and Alba.

its 499 in the new catalogue, now thats a shock

Any bargain in Argos is for junk/old stock. Those cheap hdtv's probably have world class manufacturers such as Bush, Goodmans, Acoustic Solutions and Alba.
    Is the original post not saying that price is a mistake? Id say xtra vision will bring out a good bundle for it anyway.

• Advertisement

no, and im sure he would have mentioned that the 360 was advertised at the wrong price if that was the case.

Must be a staff only catalogue he was looking at! ;)

its not even $400 in the US

http://www.amazon.com/360-Elite-System-Console-120GB/dp/B000OYMSL6

Whoever sent out the memo fecked up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Maybe MS are using Argos in swords to the test the markets response to a reduced price, leading to a worldwide 360 price drop.....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

That price in the catalogue you all received might not be definate...but my aplogies i was reading it wrong.

But the memo did say it had a mistake over the new elite 360.... according to the memo it DOES contain an improved setup that reduces the chance of getting the 3 red rings.

I'm not 100% sure now on the price have to go back into work and check 2moro :)

sorry if i was misleading...but id guess 500 to be a ripoff....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,620 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

At the end of the year all 360s will come with the new 65nm core which will generate less heat because of the less resistance of electron flow in the 65nm core. Same cooling system but it does not have to work as hard.
    so does that means less noise ?

That is the theory anyway according to MS.

But the fans may be left at their current speed levels to make double sure that there will be no over heating problems. Even though the Elite is out in the US, I have not seen any people who own one posting on other sites on it's noise level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭BENJAMIN61

whats so good about it?

BENJAMIN61 wrote:
    whats so good about it?

Nothing at all. The only difference with the Elite is that it will have a HDMI connection like the PS3 and that it comes with a 120Gb HD that you can buy on its own and put on your current 360.

The Elite does come with an added internal heatsink, its not another fan. Its a passive cooling device rather than active like fan is.

From posts on gamespot the Elite still has the same issues as current 360s, RRoDs and disc read errors.:(

If you are getting an Elite/360 I'd wait till the new core is in full scale production as you can still get an old core 360 even though the new core is in production. It all depends on how quickly they leave the shop and the new stock hits the shelves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭BENJAMIN61

Nothing at all. The only difference with the Elite is that it will have a HDMI connection like the PS3 and that it comes with a 120Gb HD that you can buy on its own and put on your current 360.

The Elite does come with an added internal heatsink, its not another fan. Its a passive cooling device rather than active like fan is.

From posts on gamespot the Elite still has the same issues as current 360s, RRoDs and disc read errors.:(

If you are getting an Elite/360 I'd wait till the new core is in full scale production as you can still get an old core 360 even though the new core is in production. It all depends on how quickly they leave the shop and the new stock hits the shelves.
    i will not get one i already have an xbox 360 core sytem.but thanks for telling me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

i did not state that it had the new cooling system , i said
    Clover wrote:
    sounds good if the price is right and it has the new cooling system

the op said it had that cooling info on the memo.

[quote= [DM]-TheDOC-] The memo also said the console conatains the new cooling system that eliminates the 3 red rings default.[/quote]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I called into Smiths recently and then told me they'll have an Elite bundle for 450 with a game or possibly wireless thrown in.

There'll be a Halo 3 package in September too. The X box rep was in the store last week with some details...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

silvine wrote:
    I called into Smiths recently and then told me they'll have an Elite bundle for 450 with a game or possibly wireless thrown in.

There'll be a Halo 3 package in September too. The X box rep was in the store last week with some details...

I'm going to buy an 360 soon
    But if this is true then I might as well hold off for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

At the very least the release of the Elite should have some effect on the premium prices. I think put off the purchase for another few weeks.. <credit card breathes sigh of relief>

Advertisement