Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus starting problems

Options
  • 28-07-2007 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

The missus is upset. She was all set to go into town shopping and her car won't start. :D She drives my old '99 1.4 Focus and all she hears when she turns the key is a rapidly repeating clicking sound from the the fuse box. The only activity on the dash is the air bag warning light, which from past experience seems to be Ford's generic electrical issue warning.

The battery and the starter motor are both fairly new, so I'm hoping it's just a dud relay that I can replace on Monday morning when the local motor factors opens. Is there anything visible on the relay that'll indicate a failure? Is there anything else I should be checking?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

TychoCaine wrote:
    The missus is upset. She was all set to go into town shopping and her car won't start. :D She drives my old '99 1.4 Focus and all she hears when she turns the key is a rapidly repeating clicking sound from the the fuse box. The only activity on the dash is the air bag warning light, which from past experience seems to be Ford's generic electrical issue warning.

The battery and the starter motor are both fairly new, so I'm hoping it's just a dud relay that I can replace on Monday morning when the local motor factors opens. Is there anything visible on the relay that'll indicate a failure? Is there anything else I should be checking?

It does sound like your battery m8,get it checked,:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Battery i bet. I have seen cars and bikes do this one. Test it for charge and also for charging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Try it with a push start.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

The 2 month old battery was totally drained. Either she forgot to turn the radio off when she got out of the car, (which she denies :D ), or there's a short somewhere. It died within 24 hours, so I'll know for sure pretty soon if there's a short.

Advertisement