Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Proxy Server

• 28-07-2007 12:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know of any irish proxy servers so that I can watch a gaa match today on rte.ie?

Thanks for any help/advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭daveharlowe

axer wrote:
    Hi,

Does anyone know of any irish proxy servers so that I can watch a gaa match today on rte.ie?

Thanks for any help/advice.

Hi,

Sure, I'll try ...I haven't done this before though.

Does anyone know the iptables rules to allow access from internet to a linux gw running squid?

(I don't run windows on PC's facing the internet)

regards,
    Dave

Hi,

It's working, but I need your internet IP address to give you access .

I'll send you a PM with the settings you need to setup in IE.

regards,
    Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bogner

DId you guys get this to work. I currently watch the games on Setanta broadband but love to watch the rest of the sunday game when I can get an Irish proxy to work.

Axer managed to get a proxy working himself in the end.

It worked with my testing....I can give you access if you PM me your internet IP address.

I'll reply with ip and port for the proxy (I don't want to publish on forums).

regards,
    Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

Hey guys, sorry to dig up this thread from a couple of weeks ago but I need an Irish proxy for the exact same reason. I'm in vancouver at the moment and I'd love to watch the Irish rugby match on the rte site today.

If someone could hook me up with a working irish proxy, just to use during this game I'd really appreciate it.

cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Just saw this now , read your PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jleonardusa

Hi folks -

I was also looking to see if anyone knew of an Irish proxy for this Sundays game. My younger bro is on the Dub panel and Im stuck in LA - couldnt get home for it.

Any help would be appreciated !

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Akula

Would also love this. Going to be away for the rugby world cup!!! Would appreciate a pm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Heard tonight that TV3 have the rights to the rugby world cup. Does that mean that it cannot be watched online?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

axer wrote:
    Heard tonight that TV3 have the rights to the rugby world cup. Does that mean that it cannot be watched online?

<url snipped>

Everything can be watched online.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jleonardusa

I appreciate the post kdjac,

Ive found that info before but the problem is all of the proxies listed on there are either refusing connections or are timing out. Does anyone know of a "private" proxy thats not listed in the general domain that I could use for the couple of hours?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

KdjaCL, url removed. Linking to warez (which includes tv streams which impinge on rights holders) isn't allowed here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Rightlanger

So does anyone have a working irish proxy? Id appreciate any help u can give me.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 trickyc

Hi I need an Irish proxy to see the football v Slovika on Saturday.
    Can this be done?
    It is not to clear from the thread whether people have suceeding is accessing RTE via a proxy could someone please clarify the situation?
    If it is possible I would really appreciate detailis of how to gain acesss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

same. i need a proxy to allow a guy register a team with irish ip (u have to be ireland based to do it so proxy server shud do it)

anyone got any ideas on how i can get one?

Hi,

Are ye still looking for an Irish proxy?

PM if you are...I don't read www.boards.ie very often

regards,
    Dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

na im not at the moment... i got a pm about it too. cheers to all for responses... in aussie at the moment so might want them sometime!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rteinspain

Hi all,

I´m certainly interested in getting info about a proxy which will work in Ireland and for which rte won´t kick me off. I get RTE via satellite in Spain for a few hours every day but as my dish is quite small I´m pretty limited.

I´ve done searches and have found proxy servers but I get kicked out by the administrator rather quickly after the programme starts on the rte.ie website. There really aren´t many to choose from so I guess it doesn´t take much thought by any webadmin to keep any eye on the ones advertised on the web.

Anyone which can provide me with a working proxy to allow me to see Irish programmes would be more than just appreciated; man, you would make my 2009

You can PM me without a problem.

help please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cmbnd10

Hello Ireland!

I was curious to know if anyone would be able to PM me a proxy so that I can watch Rally Ireland on RTE from Thursday to Sunday. Over here in the States we don't get coverage, and there seems to be no hope to see it other than some help from you all. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭trompele

Hi,

Sure, I'll try ...I haven't done this before though.

Does anyone know the iptables rules to allow access from internet to a linux gw running squid?

(I don't run windows on PC's facing the internet)

regards,
    Dave

iptables -I INPUT -s ipaddress -p tcp --dport 3128 -j ACCEPT

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Eoinsku

Anybody out there got a proxy to be able to watch the Italy Ireland game.

I can't believe it's only on RTE2 and not Sky or Setanta!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Burns

Anybody have a proxy I can use so I can watch the Ireland Bulgaria game tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

You could try www.justin.tv and the sports feeds normally have all the live matches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 barrykidney

i would also like to watch the ireland italy game please let me kow if you find an irish proxy server. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lilywhite1928

Hi there, I have a problem. I need to see the Kildare v Laois match this Saturday evening from Australia but it's geoblocked on RTE and Setanta are not showing it.
    I'd really appreciate it if someone could PM me a link to watch it. I know it's a bit of trouble but I'm an absolutely rabid Kildare fan, go to every O'Byrne Cup and League match when I'm at home and it would break my heart to miss it. Hope someone can help me, and thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Hi there, I have a problem. I need to see the Kildare v Laois match this Saturday evening from Australia but it's geoblocked on RTE and Setanta are not showing it.
    I'd really appreciate it if someone could PM me a link to watch it. I know it's a bit of trouble but I'm an absolutely rabid Kildare fan, go to every O'Byrne Cup and League match when I'm at home and it would break my heart to miss it. Hope someone can help me, and thanks in advance.

I am due to set up a very private video cast over the weekend, will pm you a link if i get it working...no promises tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Baba O'Reilly

Any chance you could PM me the link also? Theres a couple of old Laois fellas here in the UK who'd mightily appreciate it. Cant find an irish proxy server anywhere and at a complete loss as to how to see it. Failing that, any ideas would be most welcome...would really love to watch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lilywhite1928

Mike... wrote: »
    I am due to set up a very private video cast over the weekend, will pm you a link if i get it working...no promises tho

Thanks, I live in hope

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 marshinners

Hi Dave,

I am in the UK and would appreciate a proxy server address in Ireland so I can see the matches on RTE today.

Thanks

Mark

Advertisement