Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Proxy Server

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Anyone wanting to see GAA, PM me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

I want to watch the Kerry v. Armagh minor match today - Geoblocked. Can't find proxy server view it - what do I do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,902 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Ridiculously, on this RTE page, Ads by Google are displaying something from someone selling Irish IP Proxy

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0823/rail.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

barnicles wrote: »
    Anyone wanting to see GAA, PM me ;)

Offfer still stands :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mikeo

I've been using an Irish VPN from www.overplay.net - watched the Cyprus game the other day from over here in Dubai and it was perfect. It's $9 a month so its not for everyone but I think some things in life are worth paying for!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 deeja

Does anyone else use www.overplay.net? Seems like just what i need but couldn't find an option for a trial account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 metarpg

I got it 2 weeks ago, mostly just to watch some shows on hulu, but i've been keeping up to date with the late late show too. Not much to say really, it works. Is it worth $9 per month - i think that depends on how much you use it, but im pretty happy with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DManCork

You could try a service like www.IrishTelevision.info also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 DAGATH

mikeo wrote: »
    I've been using an Irish VPN from www.overplay.net - watched the Cyprus game the other day from over here in Dubai and it was perfect. It's $9 a month so its not for everyone but I think some things in life are worth paying for!
    deeja wrote: »
    Does anyone else use www.overplay.net? Seems like just what i need but couldn't find an option for a trial account.
    DManCork wrote: »
    You could try a service like www.IrishTelevision.info also.

Guys i think people are looking for open proxys and not VPN's like the ones mentioned above.
    Paying hard earned cash so you can watch a GAA game once a week, or the odd footie match is a bit of a waste of Money...

So unless some kind individual has details of a decent 'PROXY SERVER' and not POXY VPN's im not sure advertising ur VPN's is at all relevant.

Also 2 of the posters above DmanCork and deeja have only one post in there history.... what does that say??? well it says TOUT to me. what are they trying to tell us... they have a VPN and yet there searching for Proxys... Its blatant advertising..IMO :mad:

Lets get back to the OP... any clever guys out there got info on a good proxy in ireland so us poor souls in the outernet can join in on a sunday for a wee match ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

DAGATH wrote: »
    Guys i think people are looking for open proxys and not VPN's like the ones mentioned above.
    Paying hard earned cash so you can watch a GAA game once a week, or the odd footie match is a bit of a waste of Money...

So unless some kind individual has details of a decent 'PROXY SERVER' and not POXY VPN's im not sure advertising ur VPN's is at all relevant.

Also 2 of the posters above DmanCork and deeja have only one post in there history.... what does that say??? well it says TOUT to me. what are they trying to tell us... they have a VPN and yet there searching for Proxys... Its blatant advertising..IMO :mad:

Lets get back to the OP... any clever guys out there got info on a good proxy in ireland so us poor souls in the outernet can join in on a sunday for a wee match ;)
    Not like yourself with a whopping 3 posts........
    All they did was supply a list of VPN suppliers, not really a crime if you ask me.
    Back on topic, i would imagine that it would depend on 2 things.
    1. What country you are in
    2. What ISP you use in that country
    Please correct me if I am wrong but if you don't use an address of a device that is in your upstream routing table, the packet will be dropped?
    I would imagine that you would need to use an Irish proxy with an address that is recognized by the local ISP, and this would change from region to region.
    I'm not sure though, it could be the opposite, the packet could be passed to the next available router too, not sure how they work it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭MrVestek

You could just install Tor and create a custom script that only connects to servers in Ireland.

You could then use foxyproxy plugin for firefox to get it to use the tor proxy for the rte site.

cadaliac wrote: »
    Not like yourself with a whopping 3 posts........
    All they did was supply a list of VPN suppliers, not really a crime if you ask me.
    Back on topic, i would imagine that it would depend on 2 things.
    1. What country you are in
    2. What ISP you use in that country
    Please correct me if I am wrong but if you don't use an address of a device that is in your upstream routing table, the packet will be dropped?
    I would imagine that you would need to use an Irish proxy with an address that is recognized by the local ISP, and this would change from region to region.
    I'm not sure though, it could be the opposite, the packet could be passed to the next available router too, not sure how they work it.

True i have 3 posts well spotted. however there posts regardless of the different urls point to the same COMPANY my man. Seems iffy to me.
    anyway not that it matters.

i appreciate ur reply. I'm in spain ISP is telefonica. I have been lucky to find the odd irish proxy be it ucd, digiweb etc, but they either don't last or are just too slow for the purpose previously mentioned.

However. Talking about packets, available routers, ISP's or the way it all works is off topic. The topic here is details of decent proxies. that would be an IP address and a port number. Nothing else. You can assume that if someone is looking for proxy details, they have a certain level of knowledge pertaining to the subject. If it does not work for someone including myself then thats just bad luck and will have to be resolved from their location if that indeed is possible .

I notice some kind posters have told people to PM them regarding the current topic 'irish proxies'
    I can assume they provided useful information pertaining to PROXYS and not VPN's. Its a reasonable assumption im sure u will agree.

To all others. Topic still stands. Any clever people out there with info on a decent proxy in Ireland.

Achilles wrote: »
    You could just install Tor and create a custom script that only connects to servers in Ireland.

You could then use foxyproxy plugin for firefox to get it to use the tor proxy for the rte site.

Very interesting Indeed. i will look further in to this. Achilles, do i have ur permission to PM you regarding this method? cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 colinireland

Try http://carpeblunte.com/?page_id=4 there's a free Irish proxy there. not too sure how well it works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 colinireland

Try http://carpeblunte.com/?page_id=4 there's a free Irish proxy there. not too sure how well it works

Advertisement