Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SPPS - help needed

• 28-07-2007 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

I'm new to SPSS and I'm having some difficulty with pretty basic stuff. Anyone based in Dublin who could take a look at what I've done & tell me if I'm on the right track?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭seastar

Obviously I'll pay anyone who can help me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

What is SPSS??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

SPSS is a social sciences statistical package.

OP I'm not in Dublin so I can't help you out that way. You could try posting on the psychology board, there'd be more people familiar with SPSS there.
    Or if you have simple questions I could answer here or in PM without seeing your work I could try to help.

there are quite a few books and online guides that deal with some of the more routine analysis.

Otherwise, maybe drop an email to some stats grads in TCD/UCD..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

I've been trying to edit my post but for some reason I can't :confused:

anyway just to say if you want to drop me a pm or ask a few simple questions I'd be happy to help, no payment necessary.

As Zaraba says there are plenty of books and online packages but it would be good if you could get someone to have a look as well for your own peace of mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭seastar

I'm using Julie Pallant's SPSS book which is great, but my questions are even more basic than that. Basically, I need someone to look at my file and see if I have named the variables correctly e.g. is it nominal/ordinal/scale, and if I've made any glaring errors.
    When I tried to open my SPSS file earlier, it said that my licence was not valid so I couldn't open it. I'm going to try it again tomorrow and I'll post more specific questions then.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 dhooper

Did you get it sorted out in the end? I teach SPSS and I'm based in the Dublin area so if you need any help PM me.

Advertisement