Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choosing mobile BB operator

Options
  • 28-07-2007 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

In my home there are a few mobiles, each on different networks (vodafone, o2 and 3). Would it be safe to say that the whichever phone operator gives the best coverage would therefore give the best mobile broadband signal? Seeing as the GSM and 3g signals are coming from the same exchanges.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 TheBlackShoe

what do u think? do u really believe 3's coverage or infrastructure is better than vodafone's? if u are looking to save money go to 3, if u want to be fooled by 02's claim to have a faster broadband then go to them, or if u want quality, realiability and full support than just choose vodafone..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 aikon

I've been using the O2 modem for the last few weeks. Speedtest (http://www.irishisptest.com/runmyspeed.php) tells me I'm getting between 2Mbps - 2.6Mbps depending on where I'm using my laptop. I haven't tried Voda but I guess it can't be any faster than 1.4Mbps.

Advertisement