Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some advice on new parts

Options
  • 28-07-2007 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭

Ok I'm admittedly out of touch with the whole building / overclocking scene at the moment so I'm reaching out for help! Can anyone give recommendations on moderately priced motherboards (100-150 euros) to accompany a core2 processor?

I've sort of decided on ram, some corsair pc-6400 stuff but feel free to throw in some ideas if theres better value ram out there, I just heard they're good.

Any recommendations would be really helpful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Well the current overclockers favorite is the E2160 which is a Core 2 chip despite the Pentium branding and easily reachs 3Ghz on air cooling.

All you have to do is set the FSB to 333Mhz & use a divider to get the RAM speed down to 800Mhz or less and your good to go.

If you have no plans for overclocking try the Core 2 E4500 on for size.

This MSI P35 is fairly reliable and provides all the basics with full Core 2 CPU support.

Advertisement