Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Xbox360 League

Options
  • 28-07-2007 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭

Heres a daft idea but it follows on from the thread "anyone on xboxlive?" which linked more of us irish players together. I would be prepared to run a league using this thread for lets say 20 players. I would post an updated league table every time i got a result in or when i was on line.
    How will it work?
    Firstly the first twenty to post there game tags on this thread will be in the league. You would have to be on xbox alot if this leauge is going to work. so dont bother entering if your only on once in a blue moon.
    Once the twenty are confirmed i will post a leauge table with every one that is taking part. It will be up to each player to add them to there list so as there are aware there are on line.
    If for example you are on line and another member of the leauge is on line then send them a message to see if they will play there league game.
    The game can be either ranked or non ranked.
    The game is over 10 min no extra time.
    Any teams can be used by a player,
    The Grounds have to be random.
    The winner of each game has to post the result on this thread.
    In the event of a draw both player must agree on one of them posting the result.
    Each plaver must play each other twice.
    These games can be right after each other.
    As time goes on then every one will play out there games.
    If there are any disputes then i will make the final desicion.
    The success of this greatly remains in all taking part and no one quiting early.
    If the fault for a crash is the server and either player is not responceable then the game will have to be restarted. This does not happen too often but if there are serial offenders then i may thae action or even expel a player.
    If someone quits then the 3-0 result will stand to the other player unless they where futher ahead like say 4-0 or 5-1 for example.

I think thats every thing if there are any questions then post them here,

When the league is complete we may have a top four shoot out and a final.

The winner will no douth have the love and envy of his fellow compeditors and the title of best in the league.

A result will be posted as follows;

Game 1 between P1 and P2

(P1= game tag of player) 3 - 2 (P2= game tag of player)

If its there second game then it will be posted GAME 2
    If a player wants to post a match report on the game or on how good there where or weaknesses of the other player, then that will be OK.

Finally can one of the mods post here if it is ok for me to do this league here as i am not a mod
    Thanks again.
    Bullie;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

I am first in

Game Tag : Sham766

League table will appear here with results as they come in

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Would be on for this but i remember a similar league on the PC which petered out as there were too many teams and many of them were never online! How about trying a smaller league or a champs league format competition first?

Gamertag:Salmonire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Ya's might be better with a actual league table site. We used one for Trophy Manager here

Also think pesrankings or sumfin had them too if ya got it up and running.

Pity bout the PC one :(

Maybe your right lets reduce to just 8 to confirm and we will run it 8 teams.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭lpoolfan

hey lads like the idea, i run offical events for pesrankings and i can run offical online events on xboxlive for the boards.ie members, what u guys think??.

all you have to do is sign up to www.pesrankings.com and post your username here.

i will add you to the event, pesrankings does the tables and fixtures for us so not much work as doing it by hand :)

i create a new thread with a link to the event to prove im not joking :)

Advertisement